Need some help Re Seats

chcpman

Dec 8, 2004
Hello

After drooling for the past 6 months listening to eveyone how they love there new mustang, I have decided to take some steps in getting one.

The problem is I'm 6'7" and although I can fit... It is a tight squeeze.
Why did they have to make the stereo console with square sides, my leg hits right on the corner and after a while it gets quite numb.... I guess I will have to put a black foamy pad there.

The dealer told me he could get the seat moved back around 2" and possibly even lowered a little. He is offering to do this free of charge. He deals with a well known company that does alot of mustang modifications. I don't dispute the companies work as they are well know for there mods. However I'm concerned on what this could do in the long run, safety??, Rusting of the new welds??
Most people I have talked to locally don't even see any problems, but me being the worry wort and the possiblity of shelling out some coin for a car that barely fits is a concern.

The other question... Should I get some form of diamond coat paint protection from the dealership or is the factory finish just as good??

One step closer to ordering... wow what a ride.

I have an 86 cobra now (alot of rust) so I would love to move to this... and almost 40 so the mid life chrisis is begging me to do this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
CHCPMAN

• Sponsors (?)

I myself am 6-5 and I have a little more room in the 05. I traded in a 98
the salesman told me when I first stated looking that it had 5 inches more room than previous years. I also have room in the back for my son and he sits in a car seat he's 16 months. When the salesman told me about the size increase I was happy to hear it. Us tall people every inch counts. The elbow room in the middle is also quite spacious. Getting in and out is pretty easy except the speaker on the inside part of the door is a close hit getting out but its minor.

If it a reputable company and the dealer are willing to pay for it, I would go ahead and do it. I'm 6'2" and haven't even sat in one, but ordered mine. I'm that crazy for the new style. I'm 39 going on 20. I’ve been going through mid life since 1995.

The dealer quoted about $400 CDN to change the seat, I guess that is why he is willing to pick up the tab. It is not a big change, according to him.

... Yeah I played B ball in high school but that seems like ages ago, now I just get to pay double for tall shirts from the speciality store's. :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

I told him that in my game getting another 1/2" head or leg room is a big deal.

I might just have to leap, doesn't seem that it is raising red flags???

:rolleyes:

chcpman said:
The dealer quoted about $400 CDN to change the seat, I guess that is why he is willing to pick up the tab. It is not a big change, according to him.

... Yeah I played B ball in high school but that seems like ages ago, now I just get to pay double for tall shirts from the speciality store's. :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

I told him that in my game getting another 1/2" head or leg room is a big deal.

I might just have to leap, doesn't seem that it is raising red flags???

:rolleyes:

Go for it! there are shows all the time showing Shaq climbing out of his Vette - same with MJ - you KNOW they have moved those seats! and the upside is: you'll be driving a Stang! :nice: