Need Some Help !

Rolen31

Jun 26, 2017
Hi all I have a 1995 mustang that i just put a 347 into . I had to switch to a 28oz flywheel and when i did this it also required me to switch to a 10 inch clutch from a 68-73 rather than the 10.5 stock clutch for 95. Now the problem im having is when I go to push the clutch it doesnt engage and there is almost no pressure . So Do i need to switch the throwout bearing ? If so what year ? I hope someone on here has the answer for me because im dying to test out the new 347 ! thanks .

• Sponsors (?)

I must be missing something here. Why would your imbalance change the diameter of your clutch? The trans and bellhousing are still the same.

What would the difference in clutch diameter have anything to do with the clutch release mechanism?

I would have anticipated problems other than those in your description.

@mikestang63 @Mustang5L5 @tannerc91gt @GroverDill @RangerJoe @90sickfox @Chuckman @95BlueStallion

That's all I can think of for meow. :p

Ok when i ordered the 28oz flywheel it was one that takes the 10 inch clutch my 10.5 would not mount to it so i got a spec sf952 which is the 10 inch stage 2 clutch . the throwout bearing that came with that clutch would not work for my trans so i put a new stock 95 throwout bearing in and when it was all done the clutch will not engage .

My engine builder threw it on me last minute about needing a 28oz flywheel and when i ordered it I didnt notice that it was for the 10 inch clutch thats why i swapped the clutch so it would mount to the flywheel but now i have no clutch . Unsure why

My motor is zero balanced (Fox). I use the same diameter clutch and flywheel that I used with the stock 50 oz imbalance.

I can't think of a single reason why that would be different for you.

I realize the post is a little stale by now - but the crank is what determines the balance of the engine. Since your using the older 28 oz style SCAT - you are correct in using the right bolt pattern and balanced flywheel. there were also a few variations in lengths of input shafts as I recall.... that may be a contributor. Get ahold of the guys at Modern Driveline and they can lead you to the variations that you need to get the conversion done....... they know it inside out and backwards. I have no doubt they will get you going......