Need some info on throttle body

SUPKNEE

Dec 4, 2004
NJ (southern)
I recently purchase a air intake for my 2001 V6, my next mod i want to do is to install a throttle body and upgraded fuel injectors.. I was wondering if anyone could help assisting me into teh right throttle body. I dont know what to look for and if I can put a GT model onto my car..Any advice to me is good advice....thanks :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

^Don't mind him. lol, A mac 70mm T-body would be nice or a 65mm ported t-body from a GT would be just about as good for a lot less.

www.rpm-mustangs.com You can find that 65mm here as well as your fuel injectors, but you might not need the injectors if you have a stock MAF sensor... BUT, you can get one there aswell, they also do great porting and internal work... just a thought. :D

worked v6 said:
^Don't mind him. lol, A mac 70mm T-body would be nice or a 65mm ported t-body from a GT would be just about as good for a lot less.

www.rpm-mustangs.com You can find that 65mm here as well as your fuel injectors, but you might not need the injectors if you have a stock MAF sensor... BUT, you can get one there aswell, they also do great porting and internal work... just a thought. :D
OK, a bigger throttle body and bigger injectors for a stock engine....yeah, that should get him at least 45rwhp, without a tune. :rolleyes:

People who have done more engine modifications than just a cai, didn't need a biggery t-body, or injectors. But hey, if he wants to waste his money, and you want to help him, go ahead. It helps the economy. :nice:

98StangRidah said:
OK, a bigger throttle body and bigger injectors for a stock engine....yeah, that should get him at least 45rwhp, without a tune. :rolleyes:

People who have done more engine modifications than just a cai, didn't need a biggery t-body, or injectors. But hey, if he wants to waste his money, and you want to help him, go ahead. It helps the economy. :nice:

I never quoted a RWHP number, he asked about a t-body and injectors... i'm just helping him out. He'll still get HP but not a ***** load like if he worked his engine a lil bit (hence why I gave him asite that does porting and cams and such...) Whatever, his choice. :shrug: I'd say for him to go another route first like a t-lok or gears or both, but t-body isn't a really bad choice for starters... :shrug:

98StangRidah said:

niice, thanks alot man..i appreciate the help

SUPKNEE said:
well i plan on puttin in new gears in athe rear and upgrading to 18" rims. i currently have CAI, flowmaster catback exhuast, what i really want is to get little more power for my $$, b/c im dont know alot about engines and *****...i only deal with car audio...
I'll tell you what I know. The engine you have in there now, is good for cruising and such. However, it is not a performance engine. Yes, you could do the easy bolt on mods, but they won't net you much power. You could go and do internal work, and use forced induction, but that will cost a whole lot of dough. So, don't expect to fly just 'cause it's a Mustang.

I suggest you save up some money for a new cam, t-lok and gears before you get a t-body and fuel injectors. Since you don't even have forced induction or a significant amount of air going into the engine, I would suggest holding back on getting new injectors for now.

1. T-lok and gears (doing both of them at the same time will save you money, time and headaches)

2. Short shifter (if it's MT)
3. Pulleys
4. Programmer or ECU of some type
5. Headers
6. Ported intake manifolds (then you can get into the T-body and injectors if you want)

After all that you should be set for a while. All that plus install of some of those parts will run you between 1200$ - 1500$ (depending on a bunch of different variables)

Here are some sites to get you started on atleast getting a good idea on what will cost what. www.rpmoutlet.com
www.rpm-mustangs.com
www.v6mustangstuff.com