Electrical Need to cure blinking headlights on '99 V6 Mustang

I've been the single owner of my '99 V6, very little work and no mods have been done to the car. Recently I've had a few small electrical issues:

1) The 7 segment display for the odometer will occasionally blink off. This is annoying but not a show stopper.

2) The windshield wipers will come on without me switching them on. I "fixed" this by putting a switch (with proper amperage rating) in series with the fuse for the wiper motor. Solved that problem in ten minutes and didn't have to go diving into the car's guts.

3) The headlights (the normal running lights, not the high beams) will blink off from time to time. This started about a month ago and is growing more frequent. I can usually fix the problem by switching off the headlights and switching them back on. As my morning work commute occurs before sunrise I need to get this fixed ASAP.

The fact that the lights are blinking and have not failed completely tells me this isn't a fuse issue and it isn't a dead bulb issue. If I had to make a wild guess I'd say a faulty relay or switch or wire connection.

Anyone know what this might be or what things I should check to diagnose the problem?

I don't spend a lot of time under the hood of my car but I do know my way around a soldering iron and I'm pretty handy with a multimeter. If I had my choice I'd rather wire up my own solution rather than tear the dash out to track down faulty connections/wiring.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

well the one that sounds easiest to fix you did with new wiring but the headlights I'm not to sure about but you may have some bad relay in the motor fuse box, these relays aren't cheap but if your good with a multi meter you should be able to test them and figure out which one may be giving you a fit. Here's a website that has the 2000 v6 diagram which I'm only guessing would be the same as your 99

http://www.miracerros.com/mustang/2000_fuse.html