Need to replace carpet, where to buy?

fawcett

Sep 10, 2003
Cohasset, Ma
After taking a few years off I'm finally ready to start back up with the Mustang. I have had these Sparco Torino 2 seats sitting in my bedroom long enough and I want to install them this summer.

First I need to start with replacing the carpet which is in bad shape. I'd like a fully molded kit to replace the stocker with. This will be my first time removing/replacing a carpet so if someone reading this has some experience I'd love to hear from you.

First things first, I'm super poor right now and I'd like to get the best kit at the cheapest price.
I have a 1995 Gts with a two tone interior. Black on top, grey on the bottom. I'd like to keep the look as it matches the two tone black and grey Sparco seats. The grey is kind of light in color if it helps.

So where should I shop?
Thanks in advance!
Fawcett

• Sponsors (?)

Take a look a 50resto.com they have carpet. tip for u-set the carpet out in the sun before u start to try to put it in:nice:

It's Latemodelrestoration now, but the link will take you there.

Mustang 94-04 Coupe & Convertible Mass Back Carpet at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

Just did the mass back one in my car a few months ago. Takes a little maneuvering and patience to get it right...need to cut the holes for the belt bolts, etc. but came out nice. Took Jose and I about 3-4 hours to do the car. Nice refreshing change.
RC

Farmers Sn95:
Thanks for the reply, 50Resto has some affordable carpets. I will buy from them.

I've read about the differences between the regular and Mass Back carpet kits.

Can anyone chime in and inform me about the difference between the stock carpet and the Mass Back one? Maybe weight differences and how well it actually drowns out exhaust noise.

Pretty much the bottom line is that I'd like to know if its worth the extra $70.

The floor of my car would get pretty warm from the aftermarket exhaust parts I've had installed, so the extra layer may be nice for long drives.

Thanks again,
Fawcett