New 2005 GT

Wegohard511

Oct 25, 2010
hey guys im about to buy a 2005 GT 50k miles with a hurst short throw, stock otherwise than that. what are some known issues for it or what should be some first beginner mods. also what should i pay for it, they are asking 16,900 is that fairly reasonable?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

There are quite a few TSBs for this car (you can search them on this forum) and I would ask the present owner if they have a any records as to what TSBs (and recalls if any) have been performed so far so you have an idea what might be waiting for you down the road. Remember, once your car is off warranty, it is very difficult to have the TSBs performed free of charge. Come to think of it (if you ask nicely), ford should be able to tell which updates have been performed by them.

New 2005 Mustang GT

First thing I would add (if you have the funds) is a quality CAI and tuner with a performance tune...

Secondly, get aftermarket HP mufflers...

And last of all, better tires and possibly wheels to increase to handling, braking and acceleration...

Good Luck and Enjoy!!!

Dave

I would have the car inspected first. 50k might need brakes, tires, filters, and fluids changed. Manual or auto? Leather or cloth? Deluxe or Premium? Compare it to a newer one and see if it drives as well. Short throw shifters are cool but don't let the seller portray it as a high dollar add on. At a dealer they could care less if you've got an exhaust, shifter, gears. Book it on New Cars, Used Cars, Blue Book Values & Car Prices - Kelley Blue Book. I looked at it with basic criteria and 16900 is way to much. 16k is what they suggested and it is a suggestion. With what you'll have to do 14500 sounds a lot more reasonable. You should be able to haggle that with the needed maintenance, age, and no warranty. If not I'm sure someone will be happy to unload one in these rough times.