New Altenator Wont Charge

Hey guys i just installed a PA performance 130amp altenator. I wired it in and now it wont charge the battery and is pulling a battery light. I checked it at the battery and it was only pulling 11 volts. Any suggestion on what to do? or to look for?

• Sponsors (?)

i believe there is a little plastic string stickin out in the back of the alt..that you must pull out..make sure you do that u can pull it out while its on the car with some pliers..i think its for the little bruses inside the alternator

what connections did you hook up to this alternator?

yeah sometime there will be a pin in the voltage regulator. this holds the brushes back until it is installed. when pulled the brushes will extend and make contact with commutator of the armature.

I just installed a PA 130amp alternator yesterday.

Did you hook up the white wire they included? This goes to a connector that clips into the side of the alternator. Make sure its pushed in all the way.
As well as the other connector.

Make sure all your wiring is good and connected well.

Other than that... I cant help you. Im using the stock wiring untill I get the upgrade.

Pretty straight forward.

onefstsnake said:
I just installed a PA 130amp alternator yesterday.

Did you hook up the white wire they included? This goes to a connector that clips into the side of the alternator. Make sure its pushed in all the way.
As well as the other connector.

Make sure all your wiring is good and connected well.

Other than that... I cant help you. Im using the stock wiring untill I get the upgrade.

Pretty straight forward.

I bet your right on the white stator wire, I know when mine got knocked loose, the battery light came on. I can't remember how the charging was doing at the time. It was only like 30 seconds before I had the wire back on. Hope thats all it is. Good luck!!:flag:

i have the exact same alt..i had to pull a pin...its in the voltage regulator and it only sticks out about 1/4 of an inch and its black so it might be hard to se but its there and the alt wont charge till you pull it out...cause the brushes arent released yet