New Best 1/4 mile et.

Adam95GT

Aug 14, 2006
Burlington, NJ
Well i went to the track last night only to get in 3 runs... the place was packed then some kid got hurt on the motorcross track and they had to land a copter next to the track... so im lucky i got in 3 runs... My first run sucked... spun all the way down the track for a 15.4... on a 2.7 60' i dropped the tires down to 20 psi then ran again to get my curent best et. i also turned over 214k on the way to the track :)

Here is my slip:
r/t: .337
60': 2.203
330: 6.138
1/8: 9.416
MPH: 76.09
1000: 12.265
1/4: 14.656
MPH: 94.51

I also cut my best 60' but i held out first gear to long... i need a shift light

As you can see im still pulling ****ty 60's i ran this time without the 315's but instead on my tri bars with some old rubber... it seemed to launch a little better and was easy to control...

Mods are: mac shorties, gutted high flow h, american thunder catback, clutch, ebay CAI, hurst STS...

For the milage and mods i think the vert is running pretty damn quick... only weight reduction was spare tire removal...

• Sponsors (?)

nice times man...where did u run at? I was thinking about running at Island on friday but it looks like snow/rain :mad:. I haven't been to the track since my car was bone stock. Our mods are pretty similiar so I should be right around the same ET's. I know my 2.73's are going to kill me when I go... are u still running the stock gears?

According to the ATCO website....it says no test&tune on friday. How far are you from island? Couple people I know from north east pa are going there. But they all have civics and ****. lol I just checked the weather and it looks clear for friday but decently cold.

i'm hoping to hit up maple grove in the next month or so. if i feel comfortable with it i might drive down to atco. the grove is like 30min from me so if i break something, its not too bad. but atco is a ways away to break something.

really good times Adam. My last mustang auto coupe's best was 14.711 with similar mods. so you being in a heavier vert is pretty good.

I envy your driving skills Adam... My best times (with mods listed in sig) are 9.49 @ 76mph in the 1/8th and a 14.74 @ 95mph in the 1/4, with 2.09 60' and poor .6 RT's. Those were done with street tires at 30 psi and noobie driving. :scratch: I need some DR's and I need to :Track: more often.

For the milage and mods i think the vert is running pretty damn quick... only weight reduction was spare tire removal...

Those are pretty dang awesome times if you ask me!!! Props dawg. :D

As strange as it may sound, your 60' will only improve as HP goes up - it takes some horsepower to motivate your car to get to the first 60'... tires and suspension aren't the only factor there.

Good stuff!

Wes

i think i still should be able to cut a 2.09 or a low 2.1 ..... you guys will see ill bump timing up to 13 take it back and increase my tire preaseure to 40 lbs up front... take all my stupid books and crap out of my trunk... and ill run a 14.4 for you guys with just a full exhaust and intake... i think im going back tuesday night

I think those are some good times for your car and the mods you have. It takes alot of driving practice thats for sure. I haven't been to the track in a long time so I'm gonna be very rusty I know. At one time I was able to get 2.02 60' with a nearly stock 96 4.6 with a good clutch and flows as the only mods that I know it had but it's possible that car had gears too. I was able to pick up from a 9.29 to a 9.14 1/8th just learning to powershift. I'm not gonna say you need to do that though because powershifting a stock T5 is asking for trouble. The throttle tip in timing retard on our cars hurts the performance so much when shifting!!
I know my cobra has much more power than that 4.6 but I'm afraid It be a little slower through the 1/8th because that car hooked up so much better. I could just hammer the throttle on that 4.6 in first without spinning a tire but my cobra will just light the tires up if first. I've gotta make some runs in my cobra soon!