New Car!...And some nostalgic family photos...

Nik_95Cobra

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2002
Tempe, Arizona
First off, I'm keeping my Cobra and have no plans of ever selling it. That being said...I located and bought a new project car for myself, which I also have no plans of ever selling. It's a 1962 Chevy II. It's a car that I've wanted since I was child. My Grandfather had one as his gasser, and he had a couple others he had as daily drivers, my Dad had one when he was in high school, and my Mother had one as well. I was able to find a completely rust free one, that already has a 350 in it. I can't wait to restore it in a mild street rod flavor. It doesn't have paint on it right now, but it's VERY straight with NO rust, and everything's there.:)

Here's a before pic, I won't have an after pic til around a year from now.

62Nova2.jpg

And a couple pics of my Grandfathers Chevy II pic's dated around 1966-1967ish...

Grampspb2.jpg

GrampsNovapb1.jpg

And my Uncles 41' Willys Gasser, these pics are from around 66-67 as well...

grampspb3.jpg

Grampspb4.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Good stuff Nik. :nice:
I like seeing some variety on the forum here. We look forward to pics - you do really nice work!

Yes ... 2's were a great choice if you wanted to build a fast Chevy :nice:

Very light and took a V8 without too much difficulty :)

I did the same in the Ford line with Falcons, Fairlanes, Comets, etc :D

Hope you have a lot of fun with that old Chevy ;)

Old School ... Its Cool :Word:

Grady

That's awesome man, I've always wanted to find me another Plymouth Duster with a 340 motor. One day......

Them things were quick :Word:

I had a little 260 in a 64 Falcon with Crane cam, Holley carb,
yada, yada, yada :)

I had to work hard to beat one of them Mopars :crazy:

You bet Danny :nice:

Those were sweet little cars :banana:

Grady

Uploaded a few more pics of my Parents Cars, and my Uncles Gasser drag cars. I did have some REALLY cool gasser pics from their drag racing days, but I can't seem to find them.

Here's my Dad's 66 Chevy II...Pic taken around 1969
Dads66.jpg

My Dads Current 77 Chevelle
SmallMali1.jpg

My Mom and my Grandmother with their 1962 Chevy II...Pic taken in 1962/1963
View attachment 378534

Uncle with his 41 Willys Gasser
View attachment 378535

Uncle working on his Gasser
View attachment 378536

Them things were quick :Word:

I had a little 260 in a 64 Falcon with Crane cam, Holley carb,
yada, yada, yada :)

I had to work hard to beat one of them Mopars :crazy:

You bet Danny :nice:

Those were sweet little cars :banana:

Grady
I honestly would trade/sell my mustang for another shot at a solid lil 340 Duster. Man did that motor love to rev. Here's how it looked before I sold it (hurricane Andrew dump salt water on it and it just started rusting from the inside out)
PictureorVideo014.jpg

Nick that is awesome you have those pics man duplicate them and keep them hosted on line. One they are gone they are gone. My dad still has a picture of his 1970 Doge Charger 440 Magnum. If I win the lotto he gets it back ;).