New Car Options

Which one would be the better buy?

• Total voters
now your talking. Explorer is a great choice. 2 or 4 door? v6 or v8? I miss my explorer, it was perfect for driving around, had plenty of space. great for inclement weather.

• Sponsors (?)

Pro pretty sure it was a 4 door. Not sure on the engine. It was windy as hell and I jumped out looked at the paper real fast did a quick once over and got back in the car. I'll ask all that today if I get a chance to call
Posted via Mobile Device

I used to have a truck like yours, but when gas prices went up, I decided that I needed to get a car good on gas.

The truck:
100_0747.jpg

The gas sipper:
VW001.jpg

TrueBlue was that a 318 or 360? Thats a damn nice looking truck

I called the guy about the Explorer tonight. Offered him $2000 he said $2300. I said thats possible. I told him about my car and asked if he would be willing to hold it or let me pay so much now and give him the rest when the check comes in. He said he would hold it for $400. I hope to check it out a little closer some night next week. I hope Monday but depends on work. I'm trying to talk my dad into taking a ride out tonight to look it over with me and I'll get the engine size and all that for you guys. Maybe get a couple pics

Ok thanks for the heads up.

The girl I worked with today says she knows the people that live there. He lives in the lancaster area though so not sure if it's their son or not. She said they are very nice trustworthy people so let's hope he's one of them
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah a good was and wax and it would look even better. We all know how lazy I am though so that might not happen.

I really hope the insurance people call tomorrow. I really need something. I also want the extra cash to buy more goodies for the ram.
Posted via Mobile Device

I really hope the insurance people call tomorrow. I really need something. I also want the extra cash to buy more goodies for the ram.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ok, we saved your from buying a stupid blown fox, now let us encourage you to not buy other worthless things. :nono: I don't know what you mean by goodies, but just stick to what you need to buy to get it on the road (maybe that is what you mean by goodies idk). Just saying, spend that extra money wisely. Otherwise why don't you throw a few bones at the stang? I am confused as to why you don't want to get it running right since it's not too far off from what you've said. Ok, I'm done.:hide:

OK I admit the one thing I want to buy I guess I dont really need. Hughes and Edlebrock just came out with a new intake for the 318/360. I would really liek to get it and install it now insted of doing it later. Saves time and all that in the long run. I am modding my stock intake and have the Hughes plenum pan kit to go on it. However its not the "best" option for breathing now. Might make up for some of the loss with the heads I got I don't know. (the guy that runs southeastrt says my heads "are basically stock and so is my cam" but I didnt buy them from him so he bad mouths everything. He wanted me to buy eddy heads that state NON EMISSION COMPLIANT even after I told him i needed to pass emissions.

Anyway back on track I paln on continuing to mod my stock intake and put the kit on it then sell it for 200-175 probably or so maybe more cause I can sell all the new bolts and gaskets with it. People should jump on it beings all the hard work is done and it got the pan kit. I would be making back some of the money I spent on the new intake.

Like I said I have a good job now. With good job security. I don;t remember who said my checks wernt good but its more then I made at my last job. I have a plan once the truck is back running. All my spare money will be going to get the stang fixed.

The reason I'm not jumping on fixing it right at this moment is I still don't know whats wrong with it. I don't really want to take it to a shop and say do what you have too make it right and be a worse case thing and be thousands of dollars. When I could just swallow my pride and buy a used engine for a few hundred swap them out and have a car that will run for a while. I hope that makes sense. Its been my biggest fear with the used and jy engines that i pay for it and it turns out being junk.

It has the 4.0. Ran great. There did seem to be a little vibration in the floor and peddle while driving. Any ideas what that could be?

Its inspected till the end of the year. That's a plus

The kid that has it is a machanic. He just bought a big ford truck which is why he's selling it.

I decided to take it. If it atleast gets me around till my truck is done I'll be happy. I'm sure it will be fine though. Damn insurance bitch better call me back now soon.
Posted via Mobile Device