New Carlsbad to Knotts run Thread!

L8 MUSL

Jan 20, 2003
Carlsbad, Ca.
OK, everybody is bitchin and moaning about going so early.
I agree, 6:00 is freakin early.
The only reason that I wanted to go at that time is because there has alway's been a large group of guy's that leave at that time, and I just thought "how cool would it be to get a HUGE group together, like 70 or so stangs".
Since that group is usually good for about 50.
The reason they go at that time is because they pull their cars inside the show.
I don't even know most of those guy's, and I am not pulling my car inside so........................................

Between the S.C.U.M.'s, the SVTOA, Vicious Stangs and others, we could get quite a large group together and leave later at a reasonable hour, say 9 am?
I will be up in L.A. the night before so I'd be down with that myself.
So if you guy's want to get a "late crew" together, I'm into it.

What do ya say?

• Sponsors (?)

curious ... what day is this gonna be on? what is the route you are gonna take? i've been wanting to get some more free time to go down to some mustang meets. i have to see what my schedule looks like but if i could make it i figured i could jump in line along the way.

Well I can't be there for this. I am in the show...

Who can I talk to about the group that is going up early?

The last thread before the fiasco said 6:30 then someone changed to 7 am. I wanted to verify before my SVTOA meeting this Thursday...

Ken

Slapyo said:
curious ... what day is this gonna be on? what is the route you are gonna take? i've been wanting to get some more free time to go down to some mustang meets. i have to see what my schedule looks like but if i could make it i figured i could jump in line along the way.

April 17 :nice:

The original time to meet there is 6 am and they usually pull out by 6:30 or so. This will be a large group.
I believe they open the gates for show participants at 7:30.
I really wanted to join the early crew but it is my wifes B-day and she wants me to take her to a Padre game (they are playing the Dodgers in L.A.) and then out after, so I will be staying up in L.A. Saturday night.
So, for me to make it back down here by 6 am isn't too realistic.

L8 MUSL said:
OK, everybody is bitchin and moaning about going so early.
I agree, 6:00 is freakin early.
The only reason that I wanted to go at that time is because there has alway's been a large group of guy's that leave at that time, and I just thought "how cool would it be to get a HUGE group together, like 70 or so stangs".
Since that group is usually good for about 50.
The reason they go at that time is because they pull their cars inside the show.
I don't even know most of those guy's, and I am not pulling my car inside so........................................

Between the S.C.U.M.'s, the SVTOA, Vicious Stangs and others, we could get quite a large group together and leave later at a reasonable hour, say 9 am?
I will be up in L.A. the night before so I'd be down with that myself.
So if you guy's want to get a "late crew" together, I'm into it.

What do ya say?

If I hadn't sold the Stang I'd be there early for ya, Bill. That ride a couple years ago with the "pack" was a blast. Better than a double expresso.
It was more fun than the show itself. :nice:

ah man, hmmm. i would have to go outta the way to get to the 5 to get to knotts. i just take the 10->57->91 ... guess i'm just gonna have to meet up with you guys there. that or i can leave early, then drive down the 5 a bit and turn around ... wait on an onramp. hmm decisions decisions.

mustangphil said:
Where in Carlsbad do you guys meet exactly? I'd like to get in on it. I just moved here a few months ago and don't really know many people or what and where the event is held. Can anybody kick some details down my way?
Thanx,
Phil
We meet by the TGIF and the windmill near Car Country Carlsbad. Most of use will be there around 8:00-8:30. Keep an eye on this thread if you need more details. Where are you in SoCal?