New Clutch Kit/ford Tob/ford Pilot Bearing/clutch Fork Bad Vibration. Help!

JeffsBlk96cobra

May 14, 2012
About 2,000 miles ago I put a stage 3 clutch in while I had the tranny out and it was too aggressive (and chattered something fierce) when I decided I wasn't going to supercharge it anymore. About 800 miles ago I took the tranny out again and put a stage 1 clutch in. I thought this would totally take all of the chatter/vibration away but whenever I reverse or take off in a low gear and don't give it a lot of throttle it will chatter/shake really bad and i can hear a knocking/rattle sound from inside of the transmission. It also happens when the clutch is totally disengaged around 25-30 mph as I'm coasting to a stop or in between downshifts. I thought my rear end clutches were locking up on me so I added more friction modifier because I changed the rear end fluid to a limited slip formulation while I had the driveshaft and exhaust off, but that didn't help. Does this sound like a problem with my tapered bearings inside of the transmission for the input/output shaft or does this sound like my driveshaft is clocked off? Or maybe something else? PLEASE HELP!

• Sponsors (?)