New Cobra in the Garage

Snake03

Jan 11, 2003
South Alabama
Saturday afternoon I traded in my '03 Shadow Gray coupe for a 2004 Redfire coupe.

Yeah......I'm nuts. :rolleyes:

I've put 35K on the '03 in the 18 months between Sept 03 and now, and my wife and I had been kicking around the idea for a couple of weeks about getting a new one, and she was actually encouraging me. (Yes, I do have the world's most wonderful wife :D )

On Friday I put out a couple of inquiries on the internet about the availability of an '04 Redfire, and early Saturday morning got a call that one fo the local dealers had just gotten one in....hadn't even been prepped. Now....get this...over the phone the guy quoted me invoice. The only thing the dealer put in his pocket on the new car was the holdback. I got a reasonable offer on the '03, and elected to do the trade rather than trying to sell it myself. And with the way the interest rates have dropped, my payment is a bit less than I had been paying.

The red is just gorgeous, especially in the sun. It's got the chrome wheels which wouldn't have been my pick but I suspect that they will grow on me.

Now, I've got to get it broken in before the Mustang 40th in Nashville next month...I'm scheduled on track that Thursday.

Life IS good. :spot:

• Sponsors (?)