New dyno#s, 1/4 N/A

svegt

Nov 27, 2003
Houston, TX
Decide to take it and get some dyno time with with the gas and in
N/A form!!!!!

did pretty good played with the plugs gaps,timing and fuel pressure old school tuning after christmas gonna get a sct dyno tune!!!

was pretty happy with the numbers still a little left in as you can see it's a little fat higher in the rpms!! could lean it out a bit!!!

best before was 322hp/320trq, now 331hp/329trq!!! so decide to head to the track and see if i can also improve my time slip last time out to the track in
N/A ran a 12.67 at 108.96 got new best 60ft and e.t. and mph was pretty happy with 111mph!!!!

also this was run in street trim no S/belt and on 255/50/16 e.t. drag radials. i think if i get the 60ft down in the 1.60 range with a s/b should be some 12.1X. might borrow some friends e.t. streets and shoot for 11's. this is also done with 3.73 gears still in the car!!! Ed suggest 4.10s but since i use nitrous haven't changed them yet!!! t-56 6speed!! also race weight was 3250 with me in the car!!!

also dynoed on the nitrous and did 418hp/497trq!!!!

hpim2442.jpg

hpim2438.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I just noticed your 1/8th miles times and saw that you have a pretty large diviation of MPH there. Were you trying different shift points? You might want to send those slips to Ed and ask him for his input on those 1/8th mile times. I see the same things from time to time in my car, and it is usually dependent on how hard the car hooks and where I make the 3-4 shift at.

Killercanary said:
I just noticed your 1/8th miles times and saw that you have a pretty large diviation of MPH there. Were you trying different shift points? You might want to send those slips to Ed and ask him for his input on those 1/8th mile times. I see the same things from time to time in my car, and it is usually dependent on how hard the car hooks and where I make the 3-4 shift at.

yeah i try to stay consistent at shifting at 6100,6200 rpms but am not that good!!! think i am going to try to just get a small pro-lite shift lite to be more cosistent!!! also suck at doing the 3-4 shift for some reason can bang 1-2, and 2-3 like nobody bussiness but when it comes to 3-4 im slow usually cause when i try to do it fast i end up missing the shift!! so i let off a little, shift and then get back on the pedal, just means gotta go faster so l have less time to think about the 3-4shift!!! lol!!!!

yeah on the drag radials still trying to come out hard leaving around 5000rpm but still riding the clutch out pretty fast!! need a little more practice did 1.63 on the nitrous but i think there is a 1.6x on motor!!!

gonna maybe try some e.t. streets this weekend!!! what rpms do leave at on the starting line?? still gonna try the s/b too!!!

OK

I gotta a Q or two here and please know I have no blower experience other than what I've seen on these forums.

First Q is ......

Did you make the dyno pull with your blower in place and I'd like to know if the only thing done to make it inoperative was a disco of the belt?

If the answer to the first Q was YES ......

Is the blower offering a restriction to airflow for your NA dyno results?

Grady

Killercanary said:
Grady, he has no blower... by S belt I think he means short belt as in one that bypasses the power steering and AC.

Dadgummit Paul :fuss:

I thought somebody had stumbled on something that was gonna be really cool to learn about.

I guess I'm just always looking for a Pony when only a pile of horse **** is to be found :shrug:

I'll just go away quietly now :owned: :rlaugh:

Grady