New Engine is IN & RUNNING

horseballz

10 Year Member
Sep 30, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Hey All,
My new engine has actually been in and running well for several weeks, but Ive been spending what spare time I have working out some bugs. Not to mention I've been too lazy to dig out/find the "special" cable for connecting camera to computer!! Here's a few pics:

IMG_1738.jpg

IMG_1740.jpg

IMG_1741.jpg

IMG_1739.jpg

Thanks to all for your help getting me here,
Gene

• Sponsors (?)

Looks great. I like how you painted your intake. Are the valve covers blue as well? I like it.
I hope to make a similar post as soon as I get a new bellhousing on.

That does look pretty sweet having the intake and valve covers painted blue. I have the same valve covers on mine but black. I actually thought about painting the intake, since it would look more like stock. I wasn't sure if I would like it, so I didn't.

Hey All,
My new engine has actually been in and running well for several weeks, but Ive been spending what spare time I have working out some bugs. Not to mention I've been too lazy to dig out/find the "special" cable for connecting camera to computer!! Here's a few pics:

IMG_1738.jpg

IMG_1740.jpg

IMG_1741.jpg

IMG_1739.jpg

Thanks to all for your help getting me here,
Gene

Besides bing a clean (organized) setup, you have a nice color scheme too!
Nice work Gene

Nice motor. But I will have to agree, that copper fitting must go. If you are not running a heater in your car, you can eliminate that hose all together. Second, the proper location for the coil should be on the front, passenger side of the motor. If you spent all that time to make your intake look so nice, why put that coil on top of it. Just my two cents.
happy motoring!

Yeah.....
The fitting is actually brass, but will go away when I reinstall the AC/heater stuff.And in reality, on the original 68 289, that was the stock location for the coil. But a good point was made about it covering up my nice intake. I'll take it under advisement and check out swapping it to the front of the head. I'm having so much fun driving it that working on it has kinda taken a back seat.:D Even with "LAME" 2.79 gears, it's pretty scary fast.:nice:
Thanx,
Gene

yes they do make water pumps that allow you to plug those extra water outlets. Eldelbrock makes an aluminum water pump that has threaded water outlet ports. You have the choice of using the included threaded parts or just buying a couple threaded plugs from summit racing or the like. Gives your motor a nice clean look.:D