New exhaust!!!!

katshot

Dec 29, 2006
Dover, DE.
Almost a year ago, I had Magnaflows put on and I liked it alright but I always thought it was a little too quiet. Well, I took care of that yesterday.
Exhausts on performance cars are tricky. Anyone who's done or had one done knows it can be a crap-shoot at best when deciding what components to use to get just the right exhaust note.
I'm here to tell you that it's only taken me two rolls of the dice to land on a winner. Like I said, the first shot with the Magnaflows was good but always left me wondering if there was better out there. I understand the flow characteristics of these mufflers is very good so I figured what the hell. It sounded good, and DID give me some good dyno numbers.
Well, this time around, I went with Flowmaster. All my other cars have Flowmasters and I guess I should've stayed with them. We pulled the Magnaflows and everything rearward off and replaced it all with 40 Series Delta-Flow mufflers, custom bent 2-1/2" pipes and 3" stainless tailpipes.
All I can say it WOW!! What a difference. The car sounds great and really isn't bad on the inside either. Yeah, it's a little louder but thank God no drone!
I'm VERY happy.
Thanks to the guys at Mufflex in Hamilton, NJ.

• Sponsors (?)

By "off-road" I assume you mean one without converters. Not going to happen. I have better things to do than swapping exhaust parts every year for inspection. I might investigate high-flow cats though. Not sure whether they're worth any significant benefit or not though. Anyone have an opinion on them?

By "off-road" I assume you mean one without converters. Not going to happen. I have better things to do than swapping exhaust parts every year for inspection. I might investigate high-flow cats though. Not sure whether they're worth any significant benefit or not though. Anyone have an opinion on them?

You will notice a nice imporvment with a high flow catted pipe. I would have stayed with the magnaflows and changed the mid pipe for a catted X or H.

inspection every year....thats SOOOO anal lol. i only have to smog my car once every three years. and the guy that does just passes my car :) but dude, im telling ya, an offroad H or and offroad X (i prefer X) just make the car sound SO much better, you really that racecar sound man. but if your wishes are high flow cats....thats cool too. but definately, o/r x or h, go with it, and who cares, you have to swap it out once a year...no biggie...thats seriously cake.

You will notice a nice imporvment with a high flow catted pipe. I would have stayed with the magnaflows and changed the mid pipe for a catted X or H.

+1

the high flow cats on the market today flow almost as well as a strait pipe. You might lose 2-4hp on your setup, but will proboly gain close to 10, and it will sound much better.

Eitherway, you can always drive around, find somebody thats cool, throw them a couple bucks and they will pass it for ya. Even on a load dyno, there are ways around it.