new guy from md

Hey there. I havent really done much in the way of forums but thought I'd give it a shot. I'm on my second fox body. I had a Blue/Silver 90 gt with an e cam, long tubes, and dumps. Sold it when i found the love of my life....a 1 owner Grey 87 gt t-top sitting in a field. Older woman owned it from day one but given her age and recent health problems, let it sit in her yard in VA for 7 years. I'll be damned if she didn't fire up after a jump.

Given it is an east coast car, she didnt fare too poorly. Surface rust which was easily sanded and primered, the most disgusting radiator ever which will be replaced within a few weeks, and the there was the mouse crap..lol. Going to re-carpet it when the weather breaks. Plans include a set of P heads sitting in my closet, explorer intake, blah blah blah, and staying speed density :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Photo06181620.jpg

Awesome man you gotta love the t-tops. I've owned a 66, 85, and a 87 but when I found my 88 t-top about 8 years ago I had to have it. The motor and trans were out of the 87 the first weekend and I love the t-tops.

Yea man. I passed by this lady's house and the 87 was just sitting there in the yard so I stopped and asked about it. "Not for sale". I got her number, gave her mine, and called every couple of months for like a year. She finally said yes. I sold my 90 GT without even a second thought. Needs a LOT of work; suspension, body, and ofcourse gt40...
But worth every penny.

Straight as an arrow. For how long it sat and how old it is shes really not too bad off. Just paint and replacing 25 year old parts...and the mouse crapped carpet. Already pulled AC, old exhaust, stock shifter, air box, and a few other not neededs. Tax time is around the corner so I'm really gonna let loose and have some fun, provided spring is cooperative this year