new guy... wanting to buy

• Sponsors (?)

Not much anyone can tell over the internet. If you like the car, it fits the budget, its probably worth buying.

I have 4 running Mustangs, a bunch more parts cars, and have owned Mustangs since 1970, so I think they are one of the best cars ever produced.

Other than that, I have never seen a used car yet that did not need something. When buying used, always, always, be prepared to spent some added coin after the purchase. Just in case happens regularly...

In my opinion you wont regret it. I just finally pulled the trigger on new GT premium a few weeks back after trying out the Challenger, and doing research on the Camaro. I chose the Mustang for the overall looks inside and out. The ride is outstanding. The sound of the engine is great, great handling, and there’s more than enough power. Every time I get in it my wife has to drag me out when the trip is finished. I have no regrets at all! Good luck

Buy it!

Also, you should go into your original thread and delete the bad link because it is screwing up the formatting on my end in a major way.

Brilliant move posting to the forum before your purchase. If I knew what I know now about mustangs, prior to my purchase, I probably would have bought a different mustang than I one I did buy. Here is the reason, if you can find a mustang that is owned by a gear head, that is the one to buy. I have gone through and fixed a bunch of minor TSBs, and tweaked a number of other things, to the point that the car I have today is leaps and bounds better than the one I bought. Long story short, were someone to by my Mustang, they would be getting a much better deal than most others with the same general mileage/year numbers. When I bought my car, I did have the option of buying a very similar car from a gear head who had already done signifigant mods to the car. Instead, I bought one from a dealer who did sell it to me for 500 less than the local gear head guy, but in the long run, I have put much more than that into the mustang trying to get it up to snuff. I have even found loads of candy wrappers and gum under the back seat and just all sorts of signs that the car was not treated well by the previous owner. While the other mustang already had a few very nice mods put on it, and you know he changed his oil like clockwork.

The good sign is that this guy bought some wheels and tires, that shows he at least did not ignore the car. I would have liked to see some mention of an aftermarket cold air intake, but maybe he just did not want to mention that in the ad.

Also, the 2005s have a few issues that were worked out in later model years. This is not a big deal (sorry, dont want to offend any 05 owners), and is always the case with any redesign. The engineers tend to keep refining the car until the next redesign. The major one being the change in the cylinder head design in mid 08. Cars made prior to the change will have an issue with changing out the spark plugs. (do a search on this forum for spark plugs)

If you can find a later model 08 for roughly the same price, I would go for that one. Of course, that is probably not going to happen, but with economy, who knows.

thanks for all the input. i got him down to 15,900. But i'm hesitant because there is some gear whine from the 3.73s. I don't know much about gear change. So i'm having my gear head cousin go and check it out and let me know what he thinks. It's in excellent shape and everything was in order except for the whine.