New IUP

• Sponsors (?)

It's called the Interior Sport Appearance Package.

For your $195 all you get is the leather wrapped steering wheel with satin aluminum spokes and leather shift knob on manual trannies.

On autos you only get the leather wheel with satin aluminum spokes and a satin aluminum shift lever (T knob is still plastic).

Not much for $195 and a sorry excuse in place of the IUP.

For $245 more, the IUP gets you;

• Satin aluminum instrument panel appliqué – ribbed pattern
• Leather-wrapped steering wheel with satin aluminum spokes
• Satin aluminum-plated shift lever with automatic transmission
• Bright polished register rings and leather-wrapped sport
shift knob for manual transmission
• Satin aluminum-plated door handles
• Special new bright polished six-gauge cluster with MyColor Feature and message center
• Satin aluminum door sill scuff plate with bright Mustang lettering insert
• Dark Charcoal Aberdeen pattern front door panels Interior

Sounds like a no-brainer to me, get the IUP, option 18G not the 18H.

I've been looking over the '05 option list and was debating if i would get the IUP if i got an '05.

To be honest, the only parts of the new IUP that i like are the leather wheel, shifter knob and the my color gauges. I'm not a big fan of the silver trim and fake chrome and stuff. I'll take my interior dark charcoal with no accents please.

So i would realistically consider the 18H option EXCEPT.

I would really want My color. I bet to purchase it separately would cost more than the $295 needed to upgrade to 18G, so i'm back here debating again.

Mustang5L5 said:
I've been looking over the '05 option list and was debating if i would get the IUP if i got an '05.

To be honest, the only parts of the new IUP that i like are the leather wheel, shifter knob and the my color gauges. I'm not a big fan of the silver trim and fake chrome and stuff. I'll take my interior dark charcoal with no accents please.

So i would realistically consider the 18H option EXCEPT.

I would really want My color. I bet to purchase it separately would cost more than the $295 needed to upgrade to 18G, so i'm back here debating again.

Im tellin you you want the full IUP, look at one without, then look at one with it, check everything real close, you get alot for a few more dollars, the message center is worth it.

GT-03 said:
Isn't there the "get the 18H now, or wait many additional months for the 18G" to be factored in too? :shrug:

It really depends on your dealer. The dealers are allowed to order ONLY in the option mix that Ford gives them. Presently, dealers are allowed to order a maximum of 60% of their Mustangs with 18G (IUP). So if your dealer has already ordered 60% or more of their '05s for the next few months with 18G, yes, you're screwed. You will have to wait a long time for new order a car with an IUP from that dealer.

If you want a car with IUP your options are to buy a car from that dealer they they have previously ordered for inventory with 18G or find another dealer who has not used up their 18G option allocation.

If you read the posts here and on other Mustang forums you'll see that there are a lot of people who have ordered '05 Stangs who are very upset that they are waiting for a LONG time. They get even more upset when someone orders an '05 Stang and gets it right away, even with IUP (I think UPSTATE) is a good example of this.

What is going on is that UPSTATE's dealer had not used up his order / option allocation, so UPSTATE got his Stang right away. The other pi$$ed off people who are waiting months for a car they ordered are waiting because their dealers already used up car / option allocations, so their orders get pushed out.

The problem is I don't think that most dealer sales people understand how Ford's allocation system works and even if some of them understand it, they don't want to explain it to the customer because they're afraid that if you know how Ford's order system works, you will do exactly what I recommended above. That is, go to another dealer who has not used up their allocations. So the salesman just shrugs his / her shoulders and tells the customer "I don't know what's going on, Ford is all screwed up."

351CJ said:
It really depends on your dealer. The dealers are allowed to order ONLY in the option mix that Ford gives them. Presently, dealers are allowed to order a maximum of 60% of their Mustangs with 18G (IUP). So if your dealer has already ordered 60% or more of their '05s for the next few months with 18G, yes, you're screwed. You will have to wait a long time for new order a car with an IUP from that dealer.

If you want a car with IUP your options are to buy a car from that dealer they they have previously ordered for inventory with 18G or find another dealer who has not used up their 18G option allocation.

If you read the posts here and on other Mustang forums you'll see that there are a lot of people who have ordered '05 Stangs who are very upset that they are waiting for a LONG time. They get even more upset when someone orders an '05 Stang and gets it right away, even with IUP (I think UPSTATE) is a good example of this.

What is going on is that UPSTATE's dealer had not used up his order / option allocation, so UPSTATE got his Stang right away. The other pi$$ed off people who are waiting months for a car they ordered are waiting because their dealers already used up car / option allocations, so their orders get pushed out.

The problem is I don't think that most dealer sales people understand how Ford's allocation system works and even if some of them understand it, they don't want to explain it to the customer because they're afraid that if you know how Ford's order system works, you will do exactly what I recommended above. That is, go to another dealer who has not used up their allocations. So the salesman just shrugs his / her shoulders and tells the customer "I don't know what's going on, Ford is all screwed up."

The dealership I work at has a commodity limit to 40% of the GT's for the IUP. I have ordered close to 8 GT's in the past two months and I make it perfectly clear about the possibility of material holds etc.

The other main problem is if the unit is not put in a priority status of 10. If it is left at 20, the car will just be seen by the computer/factory as a inventory unit (therefor it will be bumped back everytime another order goes in with a lower priority) whereas if it is in a status of 10 the computer/factory will pick it up recognizing it as a special order.

REDFIRE 05 GT said:
Im tellin you you want the full IUP, look at one without, then look at one with it, check everything real close, you get alot for a few more dollars, the message center is worth it.

I have looked at both, in person and checked out many different models for sale on Ebay.

The only part of the IUP i want is the gauge cluster, wheel and shifter knob. Everything else i want dark charcoal. Call me crazy but i don't even want the red seats :shrug:

I'd want a 5-spd Gt with bullitts, Shaker 500, the partial IUP and leather seats. Actually i'm unsure if i want leather. I like the style of the cloth seats but haven't seen any up close and got to drive in any. The jury is out for me on the leather/cloth debate.

XStanger said:
The dealership I work at has a commodity limit to 40% of the GT's for the IUP. I have ordered close to 8 GT's in the past two months and I make it perfectly clear about the possibility of material holds etc.

Get a copy of the 12/01/04 dealer order guide. The 18G limit has been increased to 60%. So Ford is responding to the high demand for 18G.

Mustang5L5 said:
I have looked at both, in person and checked out many different models for sale on Ebay.

The only part of the IUP i want is the gauge cluster, wheel and shifter knob. Everything else i want dark charcoal. Call me crazy but i don't even want the red seats :shrug:

I'd want a 5-spd Gt with bullitts, Shaker 500, the partial IUP and leather seats. Actually i'm unsure if i want leather. I like the style of the cloth seats but haven't seen any up close and got to drive in any. The jury is out for me on the leather/cloth debate.

The red seats are a separate and different option form the IUP (68R).
You can order 18G w/o 68R but you can only order 68R if you also order 18G.

I ordered mine on 10/22, was given a build date of 12/6 then it went to temp hold, and today my dealer called and said it now is back on for 12/20 and delivery at up to 3 weeks after build. So it seems at the moment parts problems pushed mine back about 2 weeks. I ordered it with 18G (IUP), 68R (INT CLR ACCNT), K (leather trimmed bucket seats). Mine was ordered priority 10. So I know what it's like to be in suspense about when your getting your car (particularly when you have a build date taken away and they can tell you nothing :bang: ) But all is better now!
I feel lucky I've had some great people to work with at my dealer (Berge Ford in Mesa, AZ).