New opportunity presents itself

So my friend has a '91 fox body 5.0. The interior is....well not worth the time and effort to fix. The motor is still wonderful and the T5 is in great condition. I have the chance to buy it for $1000. I'm going to split it with another friend seeing as he wants the engine for his truck and all i really want is the transmission to convert my 94 351 to standard. My questions are....should i do it? and what will i need to do the transmission swap? considering everything is there from the donor car

• Sponsors (?)

You'll need a few things from the donor car, and a few things you'll have to get elsewhere.

The pedal assemblies are different, so you'll need one out of a SN95. And you'll also need a computer from a 5-speed 94-95 car or a tune on your automatic computer. You'll need to modify or replace the wiring harness from the firewall down to the trans. There are threads on here on how to modify it, that's what I used.

Since it is a fox body T5, it's gonna be slightly shorter than an SN95 which isn't a big deal but the shifter position might be tight to the front console. I used the steeda shifter relocation block but now my boot won't fit. You'll have to modifty the trans tunnel opening slightly to fit the lower dust boot.

Most everything else can be used from the donor car.

I'm not sure on the driveshaft either, I went to a Tremec which is the same length as a fox T5 and had to use a driveshaft spacer.