New Project Day #5

94GTLaserRC

Squint as you approach, lest you be blinded by my
15 Year Member
Well, Saturday will be 5 weeks since the first day of the project, which makes today 1 month and 2 days. (Started on May 17) The main goal today was to get the K-Member on, get some parts back on then engine, and maybe roll the car out of the garage to clean it up a bit and organize the parts and work area.

Couldnt get the Vortech MAIN bracket on because I was missing the 3 bolts, and didnt want to stop working to go buy them. Also, the enw Steeda springs were SO tight that when we tried to compress them with the jack under the A-arm, the whole car was lifiting....even with me standing on the K-member. ... so couldnt roll the car out. With Jose's AWESOME help and abilitly here is what we DID get done:

K-member bolted up.
Clutch pedal assembly on
ALL the things in the photo attached to the bay.
Several parts put back on the engine
Fuse box mounted in the fender well (right outside where the battery would go)
Brake lines all installed

Doesnt "seem" like too much, but there are always some things that come up to slow you down (missing parts). PLUS...we cleaned all the parts that looked bad and painted some parts that were fugly. All in all the direction is FORWARD, and I am very please and greatful for Jose's help :nice:
RC

2322543IMG3496.JPG

2322544IMG3500.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

I hope you are going to pull that water pump off and and get her painted up nice. That along with that bracket piece around the coil. Two real easy dress up things. Otherwise looking great!

The water pump is brand new. The coil bracket is NEWLY POWDERCOATED Chrome, just like the PS bracket and Vortech bracket.
RC

Looks good man:nice:

You might even be able to challenge 95opal in the :drool: engine compartment category:D

I will take that as a compliment more than a "challenge". Im not about that though. Opal's is one beautiful car, and if it were up to me, I would want my car when it is done to be the "uggliest" car, meaning that it would still be not as hot as all the other cars. I wish ALL of us could have the time and resources to make these cars really :nice: Right now my goal is to keep chipping away and get the car running, then work on the interior and paint.

Thanks
RC

Looking good Rob, two questions though. I just noticed that in the picture of the engine your using fox crank pulley. How much clearance do you have between the fan shroud and the pulley with that? And second question where is the address of the event next weekend, I am definately going, dont have work that saturday, lol.

The water pump is brand new. The coil bracket is NEWLY POWDERCOATED Chrome, just like the PS bracket and Vortech bracket.
RC

Hmmm. The wp just looks like it has a bunch of black marks on it. Weird. Maybe its just the pic. As for the coil, I dont mean that bracket itself that looks great, but that square black piece that goes around the coil itself. Real easy to spray some silver on there!

Looking good Rob, two questions though. I just noticed that in the picture of the engine your using fox crank pulley. How much clearance do you have between the fan shroud and the pulley with that? And second question where is the address of the event next weekend, I am definately going, dont have work that saturday, lol.

Not a fox pulley..a Vortech S/C pulley

Address is 6601 Lyons Road Ste B-7
Coconut Creek FL>

Turns out that next Sat we are planning the engine drop in...as much as I would love to go to that show, this takes precedence over anything

Thanks
RC

Hmmm. The wp just looks like it has a bunch of black marks on it. Weird. Maybe its just the pic. As for the coil, I dont mean that bracket itself that looks great, but that square black piece that goes around the coil itself. Real easy to spray some silver on there!

Yeah, it's a new WP, but for some reason, the guy I bought it from slopped it up. I didnt think you could paint that thing..it has all those layers, and Im not sure what that's for. I have the cover for that anyway so it wont show too much.

RC