New Roush Owner Seeking Advice

Bray

Oct 12, 2023
Virginia
Old guy with new to me Roush. 2007 Stage 3 18K miles. This is unlikely question, but I am looking to actually raise front of car. Too many road hazards around. Any ideas on how this may be accomplished? Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

You should start looking into an entire spring package. Have you looked at the Roush site by chance?
Nevermind... I see they have a coil-over kit but it's for 15'+.

How about something like this?

Description says 1-3 drop from that would be from a GT. Do you have any special magical unicorn fart shocks made of unobtanium with that Roush Package, by chance?

You should start looking into an entire spring package. Have you looked at the Roush site by chance?
Nevermind... I see they have a coil-over kit but it's for 15'+.

How about something like this?

Description says 1-3 drop from that would be from a GT. Do you have any special magical unicorn fart shocks made of unobtanium with that Roush Package, by chance?
Roush only offers package to drop from what I see. Spoke to them too. They take GT and drop considerably. I will check out the SVE kit to see if it might help. Thanks.

The stock GT is actually a bit low for driving in my area ,the front hits curbs so you have to be careful how far you pull forward ,some parking lots have a big drop in front and the bumper will scrape as you enter or exit .
My first Mustang. But quite positive Roush put them even lower than GT. It is amazing how much trash, brush, sticks and roadkill you find! Thanks for your reply.

Attachments

• Mustang E.jpg
    Mustang E.jpg
    487.4 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: 1 user
If your exhaustive research into raising this thing up off the ground without major modification hits a brick wall then consider the possibility of a taller wheel/tire combo. :shrug:

It just looks to me like an other 1/2" to 1" between the top of your tire and your wheel well, is not going to be the look you're going for. I mean... it looks pretty damned good in the picture.

What size are your current tires? Maybe we can find half an inch in tire height? It would leave you with a speedo correction issue to tackle.

If your exhaustive research into raising this thing up off the ground without major modification hits a brick wall then consider the possibility of a taller wheel/tire combo. :shrug:

It just looks to me like an other 1/2" to 1" between the top of your tire and your wheel well, is not going to be the look you're going for. I mean... it looks pretty damned good in the picture.

What size are your current tires? Maybe we can find half an inch in tire height? It would leave you with a speedo correction issue to tackle.
I actually love the current stance, but keep finding too many obstacles. Like my drive which I have to 45 degree to get in and out, last week a stick in the road I could not avoid. Getting into my detached garage, etc. But I do intend to remedy driveway and garage entrance. Checked taller tires but not much clearance and likely would have a tire rub. Now have Michelin 275 40 18, so will keep looking for a thicker spring isolater. Thanks for your compliments and comments.

While seeking options to raise front, I have another question and appreciate any answers. How many owners have had to deal with aluminum hood corrosion issues? And what remedies, if any has worked to resolve? Thanks to all. SORRY! Found the old post regarding this subject. Should have known.

Last edited: