PonyJoe

Mar 14, 2004
Northern Virginia
I got some new shoes for my car.

17x8 1999 Polished Cobra's on some 245/45 BFGoodrich Traction T/A

Pics!

angle.jpg

tire.jpg

Unfortunately I can't put them on tonite, too much rain to hassle with, so tomorrow I will have some on-the-car shots (after I wash the car, of course).

• Sponsors (?)

I really like those wheels. So does the "polished" lok similar to chrome in person? Where did you get them? Price? I'm really considering going with those as well.

Get them on and get pics; thats an order.

atlblue2000 said:
I really like those wheels. So does the "polished" lok similar to chrome in person? Where did you get them? Price? I'm really considering going with those as well.

Get them on and get pics; thats an order.

They aren't as shiny as chrome, but they're still shiny as hell.

TireRack.com, probably too much compared to other sites ($1450), but TireRack is a respectable site, and I trust them enough to pay a bit more for.

$1450 was for rims tires. The BFGs were only $119 a piece, compared to like $140 on average for some of the others (Pirelli, Goodyear, etc), but I needed all-season, and not just summer-perf tires.

Polished isnt as shiny as the chrome, and it scratches REALLY easy. The upkeep to keeping polished wheels is also more demanding than chrome.

But I think a good polished wheel looks better than chrome, Its a sign of "workmanship". There is a lot more put into polished wheels than there is chrome wheels. You understand that if you have ever tried to put a good polish on something that has flat surfaces and numerous edges.

my boyfriend bought the true Cobra R crome rims from a magazine and i think he only paid 1200 for them...there nice too. and just to let you know, check ebay for tires...i found a company that sells tires and i paid 400 for all four goodyear tires..just letting you know...if you want the guys email address...just let me know and ill get it for you!

Very nice. They're shinier than I thought too. I found those same polished rims for $168 the other day so I might go that route soon. That polished would look good with my Bright Altlantic Blue.