new Throttle Body and Upper Plenum

i want to install new Throttle Body 75mm and Upper Plenum is there and other mods i need to make to get these to work properly?? like incress size of my injector? is i do incress the injectors what size would you recommend over my stock size..??? thanks alot.

• Sponsors (?)

why should TB and plenum be one of the last bolt ons? Do you mean after headers, midpipe, and cat back.... along with cold air intake? Or even after others??

even after others, it's really a support mod that will be useful when needed. Just cuz it can offer another 120CFm doesnt mean your car will use it. It's really a nessesary mod for anyone running a mongoose kit or other centri blower

I kinda did my N/A mods in order of what I felt I could tackle, weekend mechanic, and what I could afford at the time. With that being said, everything mentioned from the others above is true. TB/Plenum was my second mod after K&N cold air kit and I didn't feel much from either, again from what was said above. BUT, if you plan on doing full exhaust and the other N/A mods when your ready/can afford them, then get that TB/Plenum on there and keep saving. It all adds up. It's a pretty easy swap. I'm sure there are write ups on here and advise about high idle after the swap.
Good luck mang and let us know how it goes.

IMO...do what ever you want in any order you want... because anyways if we start to listen to everything people say, bolt-on are useless on a GT....Well this must be the reason why bolt-on GT kick my stock GT's ass so bad.....

IMO...do what ever you want in any order you want... because anyways if we start to listen to everything people say, bolt-on are useless on a GT....Well this must be the reason why bolt-on GT kick my stock GT's ass so bad.....

People recommend an "order" because starting from a stock GT, some mods are more usefull than others. It's like when I got my catback - it costed twice as much as my midpipe but gave no performance gain. The midpipe on the other hand has helped me to pull on many stock GT's and is one of the cheapest, best bang for the buck mods you can do.

I'm not sure if I understood a word of that :rlaugh:

but yeah, modding is fun and expensive. i believe there are better things with more priority to get, but hey, one new part is one new part. not that I would probably feel a SOTP difference with a TB/plenum combination, but it could have the "placebo" effect that if I think I have that extra horsepower, I might feel that I'm going a bit faster ;) That's how I thought when I popped in a CAI.

thanks guys

thanks for the tips the more information the better i kind of new at this stuff .. so you think maybe headers and a cold air intake would be a better way to start off... a question about headers what's the diff between short adn long tube?? anywanys thanks again i'm open to suggestion..

?!!?!?!?!!!?!?!?

Sorry...I had to :D I promise, I'll try to make this the last time.

My first real mod was a mid-pipe. Then I got gears, then my catback, and my shifter :drool: <3 teh MGW!

I seriously TRIED to break/bend the MGW the other day, and all I did was hurt my wrist. That thing is fxcking SOLID.

thanks for the tips the more information the better i kind of new at this stuff .. so you think maybe headers and a cold air intake would be a better way to start off... a question about headers what's the diff between short adn long tube?? anywanys thanks again i'm open to suggestion..
Shorties combine into the collector much earlier than the long tubes. The longer it takes for the cylinder pipes to come together in the collector, the less back pressure.

At least that's how I understand it...

You should be goot with the 75MM tb and no need to increase injectors or anything. Also, make sure you unhook your battery for about 30 minutes so your computer can reset to compensate for the new stuff.

You should be goot with the 75MM tb and no need to increase injectors or anything. Also, make sure you unhook your battery for about 30 minutes so your computer can reset to compensate for the new stuff.

Should you do that when you install new headers and a mid pipe too? Or should you go and get it re-tuned? Im asking because in a month or so im finishing off the intake with a TB and Plenum, then doing headers and midpipe. I already have the magnapack catback exhaust on.

Should you do that when you install new headers and a mid pipe too? Or should you go and get it re-tuned? Im asking because in a month or so im finishing off the intake with a TB and Plenum, then doing headers and midpipe. I already have the magnapack catback exhaust on.

I was told that if I did headers there could be a benefit to a dyno tune but for $595 I couldn't justify doing it.