New To Mustangs, Help Needed

GTpowerwithin

Jul 10, 2012
Hey you all, new to the mustangs and this forum.. I used to be into boosting Hondas, but u can only get so far doing so.. So I've Always have wanted one and now I got one and im in love, it's a 97' GT automatic, with new gears 373 (idk if that's right correct me if in wrong,rebuilt tranny, cold air, no cat, and flow master exhaust.. It has a SCT tuning software and I need to learn more about that..

But it keeps dieing when I put it into reverse or drive, maybe it's in the tune? Or what else could this possibly be.. And again; I'm new to this so sorry if I put the wrong thing down.. Thanks in advance for the help!!

• Sponsors (?)

Not that I'm much of a Guru, but I have a '96 GT. My oil pressure is always between the M and A, usually siding more towards the A... Mine also smokes a little. Partly due to also having no converters, and the P/O changed the oil to a light synthetic which from past experiences I know that the 4.6L will blow smoke with some oils and not with others. I haven't gotten time to change it back to a different oil yet. How many miles on your car?

Not sure about the stalling issue. I can't see it being Tuner related. Has it thrown any DTC's? Hopefully someone more knowledgable than me can chime in shortly...

How many miles are on the car? I'd suggest changing the spark plugs, oil, and air, fuel, & oil filters regardless given the age of the vehicle. The PO isn't going to do it prior to a sale.
The reason the word "NORMAL" is written on the gauge is because the needle is normally within that range :bang: . :)