New to Mustangs...>

Been lurking in the background for a bit, thought I'd do an intro. I purchased a '94 GT about two months back, and have been loving it.

Here it is after some special treatment since I got it.

View attachment 382929

View attachment 382930

Here is another project I've been working on for awhile, a '92 VW MKII with a complete '93 OBD-1 VR6 swap. (The VR sounds good but the 5.0 sounds better)

View attachment 382931

Here is what the Mustang looked like pretty much when I bought it:

View attachment 382932

So far the only mods I've done are a couple Super 44's lurking under the car, advanced the timing to 14 degrees running 91 pump gas, and a lot of the usual maintenance items. As from the pics you can tell it's a 4X4, I've got some Eibach Sportlines on the way to solve that issue. Also plan on gears, full exhaust (spl loudmouth, h-pipe, bbk) and the car will most likely get a re-spray in the next three months. Been contemplating forcing the motor or doing trick-flow HCI swap on it.

• Sponsors (?)

Looks great man welcome to the site. You come from my same old stomping grounds carwise. I had the 1st Supercharged A2 VR6 Jetta in the country (According to advanced and everyone else that told me) that I built at our shop down here in phoenix. Bought the S/C way back when ADVANCED 1st came out with the kit about 10-12 years ago. You'll like the group here much better than over there on the Vortex, good bunch of guys here. I still build dubs too, but stangs/dubs are apples and oranges and stangs win out for me. Here's some pics of the daily driver that I just finished building and just sold (Full ABA Swap, much more). Your car looks great so far keep up the nice work.

Building001.jpg

Rabby2.jpg

Here's a pic of our old drag car (about 13-14 years ago) ET: 11.02 @128 MPH...Unfortunately we sold it before we hit 10's with it and before all the cool fwd technology came out. Turbo ABA 16v, homemade engine management.
61895.jpg

Thanks everyone. I've loved the VW, but this Ford is taking the VW's thunder away pretty quickly.

As far as the wheels go, they are Voxx's, through Discount Tire. 18 X 8 in the front and 18 X 9 in the rear. Fills out the arches a bit, with a nice offset of ET20, though the car really needs to be brought down a couple inches closer to the earth. Especially in this pic:

View attachment 381991

Baby steps, all in baby steps... :)

#1 The pic's themselves are incredible..is that some kind of special camera?
#2 The stang looks great.
#3 ...I have to say I am liking those VW's as well! Thanks for posting.

p.s. Yes, lower that bad by now.

Took a couple more pics today. There's even some of the dub. Excuse the grass, sprinklers were installed where all the yellow crap is last week.

View attachment 378793

A cool shot taken at about 10:00 @ night from the back porch. What you see again is the Salt Lake Valley.

IMG_0666.jpg

Here's one from this afternoon, @ Albion Basin, at the top of Little Cottonwood Canyon. In wintertime Alta Ski Resort dominates the scene in this foto. The summit you see is called Devil's Castle. It's a fun climb.

View attachment 378795

And to answer the question above, yeah, I'm Larry the Cable Guy.