New To Mustangs

Thomas Brown

Mar 29, 2017
So here is my story...I've owned 2 fbodys in my life and I'm in the process of selling off my 2000 WS6 Trans AM. I'm thinking about picking up either a Gen 5 camaro or a 13/14 GT. I like the price point/interior/exterior of the Mustang but I'm fighting the urge to turn on the LSX platform (IMO best motor out there). I was looking at the mods and installs for the Mustang and although they're difficult I still like the styling of this car. My main question and where I'm having trouble is I've seen some 13/14 GT's that can calculate you 1/4 mile time and also have wideband o2's to show fuel air mix. this looked like a stock function on the car and can be accessed at the push of a few buttons, I LOVE THIS FEATURE! might be what sells me. However, how do I identify what cars have that and what don't?

• Sponsors (?)

Hey Thomas, welcome to stangnet.

I have no clue about your question, I have two fox bodies.

I'll move your thread over to our '05-'14 subforum, the guys there will be able to answer your question.

For '13/'14s, I think if you get the digital dash on the top of the line leather interior models you can get the track apps. It was also a standard part of the Boss 302 on the gauge pod. I have a base model, so I'm not sure but I think you can add the track apps to any of the premium cars at the dealer.
I looked at a couple Camaros before I bought my '14 GT last year. I liked the LS and the way they drove, it was the interior that turned me away. The Coyote is a pretty sweet motor also.

This is a great forum, but not very active for Coyote S197. You may want to try another to get a better answer.