New to site.... starting resto

Bluevert66

Oct 8, 2011
Indiana
New guy here.
Pics of 1966 vert (my wifes car)
Beginning to take down and paint and replace interior.
Would like recommendations on parts suppliers for interior and suspension parts. (I'm replacing complete front end)

Thanks,

Mike

100_1388.jpg

100_1384.jpg

100_0133.jpg

100_0132.jpg

100_0130.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Mustang barn
Tony Branda
Street or track (suspension)

On the west coast we have
Mustangs Plus
Open Tracker (suspension)
Maier Racing (suspension)

A couple of pieces of advice. Do a search for "Arning drop". There is never a reason not to do this if your suspension is out of the car. The car will drive much better than it ever did from the factory and it's free. I would do this for my 70 yr old mother.

Use quality suspension parts like Moog. Most of the mustang vendors supply cheap off shore parts. I bought a bunch of stuff from Laurel Mountain and was very dissapointed. Replaced all of it later on.

Even if it is a daily driver "wife's car", never going to go fast, etc, use quality shocks. It's money well spent. Bilstien street shocks are my pick for a stock or near stock rebuild. They have digressive valving so they are soft when you hit a pot hole and firm going around a corner. Other shocks like KYB are linear, so they tend to be rougher over bumps in order to control the suspension. Cheap shocks are progressive so they are soft going around a corner and harsh when pounded by a pot hole.

great looking car man. I always use mustangsunlimited. I have found that their prices are the best and they always have sales and clubs you can join that will save you even more.

Welcome to the site.

I would suggest John at Opentracker racing products for your suspension. Adjustable strut arms are your best freind on these old cars, and will make your front end alignments much easier to get right (these new guys aligning cars these days just dont get it, trust me).

And CJ Pony parts for your parts, the shipping is always free (unless oversize) and they are in PA, so you would get your parts fast (same day shipping). They are freindly and the quality of the parts is a bit better then some of the other vendors.