New To The Mustang Forum, New To The Mustang.

S-5

Jan 2, 2015
Hello. I've always made it known that I'm not brand loyal. I've owned and driven them all. Dodge, chev, ford... A year ago I looked out and noticed 3 fords and one Chevy. Guess I'm developing a brand loyalty. For now at least. I have always had a place in my heart for the mustang fox body. That place is in the same area where I hide my attraction to trailer park chicks, half Tee's and flat top haircuts.

Last year I bought an 84 lx convertible from a highschool kid next door. It has everything I was going to do to it done already... Electronic ignition, headers, flowmasters, anti sway front and rear, traction bars, posi, a new top and probably a few thing I'm forgetting at the moment. The paint looks good from a block away while the interior is almost stock, new, perfect.

The mustang is the compromise to me wanting another motorcycle. I have a few kids and I wanted a fun toy for two or three months out of the year that would at least afford me the probability of surviving a tangle with a deer.

Based on my availability of toy money and free time, summer is just around the corner and I'm building quite a shopping list for the car that doesn't make me money and isn't making me famous. Reality must factor in soon.

I'm interested in hearing your logic and opinions on why and what I should focus my efforts on. I try to have logic based decisions for the most part even though having a mustang from any year defies all logic.

First the car needs shocks. The auto parts store has some gas filled. Stiffer than stock. Set of four for $160 ish.

I would like a 6 or 8 point roll bar. My thoughts on those are as follows... I want to structurally box and brace the car. Reduce frame flex, increase side impact resistance, reduce my exposure in case of a roll over, last and least cool factor. Summit and jeggs have cage kits for $300 shipped.

Paint. I would like to change to a color that will make it go faster like red or powder blue but due to the increased levels of involvement I think I'll stick with the origional color white. This will be my first time painting.

Rather than having the exhaust go all the way out the back I want it to come out just in front of the back tires.

What's my next step and why?

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome.
Have a goal for the car & a budget. If it's not streetable, that's the place to start.
Your intro is all over the place, " having a mustang from any year defies all logic. ". ??
......................This is after all, a Mustang site..