New Toy (MM Strut Brace)

Stanger007

Founding Member
Sep 26, 2001
Baton Rouge, LA
View attachment 417349
Got home today just in time for the UPS guy to pull up and deliver my MM strut tower brace. After adding the cobra front calipers and larger rotors, my car is a bit shaky under hard braking and turning. Hoping this will square it up a bit.

After that I took my Mach 1 out for a quick drive - I just finished putting in a new steering gear and other parts... nothing like old school muscle and a BIG cam making a thumpity thump noise. :flag:

Saturday morning Sage2k is coming over and we're tackling lower control arms on my car, EGR deletes on both our cars and adding a twEECer to his car. Oughta be a full day! Sunday it's off to the track to get my 'vert into the 13s before the supercharger goes on.

Anyone else got any new toys?

Wes

• Sponsors (?)

It cleared my cobra intake with no problems whatsoever.

I emailed MM before I bought it and they said it would clear all aftermarket intakes.

I /may/ put some pics up of it installed... I took some but my engine is so dirty I was embarrassed. :)

Wes

I'll be there Sunday... wanna race? :)

I wish I could run with my top down... that would rock.

We will prolly hook up a few times. I have some REAL cars coming with me this time. One of my buddies has a Trans Am and the other has an El Camino with a 350. They both should come. The one with the Trans Am has N2O but I think hes gonna have a empty take sunday cause he just got it and depleted it already.

i ordered 2 magmaflow bullets and 2 borla xs mufflers to quiet it down a bit on the drone issue.

BTW how much was the Brace? I kinda want one since to me it looks empty with out it

Here's a picture of the strut bar installed. It got dark before I could get the passenger side firewall bolt in so I'll try to tackle that tonite.

The bar did make a change in how my car feels over bumps - there's a road that is under construction which has a LOT of potholes - felt a huge difference there.

Glad I got it. Plus I think having MM stuff on your car is +50hp!!! :nice:

Wes

thats nice! will that fit over an aftermarket intake....like say a typhoon?
I'm running the Steeda STB. It clears my Edelbrock Performer RPM perfectly, so unless the Typhoon is a real bad copy of the RPM, it shouldn't have any fitment issues.
FoxTB-rs.jpg

Attachments

• FoxTB-rs.jpg
    FoxTB-rs.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 41