New toys for my car

Here's the newest stuff waiting to get installed... The Cobra headlights are from blue oval industries. They were from my brother for Christmas. I bought the clear foglights from blue oval industries, and the strut tower brace was from summit racing. I think I will see if I can find some of the newer pure white bright bulbs that match for the headlights and foglights, instead of the same old pale yellow that everyone else has. I don't want ricer blue tinted bulbs, though. I know, none of this stuff will make my car go any faster, but it will look better, and hopefully the brace will make the car feel a bit stiffer. For anyone interested, the headlights were $149 for both, the foglights were about $109 for the set, and the brace was $169. So, there ya go... cool, huh.. :rolleyes:

• Sponsors (?)

Red98:

I think all that is going to look sweet on your ride. Once you get the headlights and fogs on please post pics as I wanted to do the same thing but wasn't sure about smoked or not. Congrats on your new toys.

If you are looking for whiter headlights, I've found the best ones that are still normal halogen bulbs are the Silverstars. I'm not sure how they're built, but they seem to have an output that is an honest white and not blue/white like the ricer bulbs. Most of the "HID-style" bulbs just have a bluish tint and/or are higher wattage, so they do nothing to improve visibility, overheat your wiring, and make you more likely to get pulled over by the cops.

Since you're upgrading the headlight housings, why not go all the way and get a true HID upgrade kit? They've come way down in price- you can get them on Ebay for around $200 delivered. That would look pretty sweet to have a Stang that has real HID headlights and not just some aftermarket bulbs.

Skymarshal said:
If you are looking for whiter headlights, I've found the best ones that are still normal halogen bulbs are the Silverstars. I'm not sure how they're built, but they seem to have an output that is an honest white and not blue/white like the ricer bulbs. Most of the "HID-style" bulbs just have a bluish tint and/or are higher wattage, so they do nothing to improve visibility, overheat your wiring, and make you more likely to get pulled over by the cops.

Since you're upgrading the headlight housings, why not go all the way and get a true HID upgrade kit? They've come way down in price- you can get them on Ebay for around $200 delivered. That would look pretty sweet to have a Stang that has real HID headlights and not just some aftermarket bulbs.

That's a very good idea.. I will definitely check it out on e-bay. I just hope I can tell the real thing apart from all the other crap on there. Does anyone have a link to a true HID kit?

Just run a search for "9007 hid kit". The kits are available in color temperatures from 5000K up to 12000K, so you can get the shade you want. Just look for a seller that has plenty of positive feedback and advertises a warranty. Some of the sellers ship directly from the factory in Taiwan, but most don't, so make sure the shipping charge is fair (some Ebayers charge a lot for shipping for some extra profit).

I think I'll do that for my Stang too. It would look pretty cool!

:fuss: I went to get my Cobra headlights from blue oval industries installed... guess what, they're CRAP!! They wouldn't fit. :mad: They could go in, but didn't line up with the side marker lamps. They were sunken too far back, looked like total S***. So I said no, take 'em out, put the originals back in. Then I got on the phone and ordered the proper Cobra lights from Ford. Yes, they cost a hell of a lot more, but you get what you pay for. These will be genuine Ford parts, not cheap internet knock-offs. Well, it wasn't a total loss of a day; the clear foglights went in, with the 9007 HID lights, and looks pretty damn cool! :nice: But I will wait until the headlights are in before I download a picture. Well, today I learned that if you see something that is very cheap online, there is probably a reason for that! Gee, what a freaking shock! :jaw:

my door lock pins didnt ship until today. So we're now looking at next week, I got the stock style, except in billet. i want something nice looking but not gaudy. Has anyone replaced the bezels around the pins? i see them on a website, they look nice, but i dont want to butcher my doors putting them in.

Here's the lights installed.. today is just a miserable crappy rainy day, so it doesn't look all that hot now. Even my bright red paint looks drab and dull on a day like today. But, you can see the new headlights look a lot better than the stock ones, and the clear foglights are down there too. I will post new pictures after I give the car a wash and wax, but first we have to get a dry day. It has rained every day here since about 10 days before Christmas. Sunny day? What's that? :shrug: Good ol Oregon! :nice:

Attachments

• Newlight2.JPG
    Newlight2.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 83
Now I got a new problem... the corner turn signal lights look pretty ancient next to brand new headlights, as you can see above. I want to get some nicer turn signal units, but not the ones that are totally clear except for the amber bulb inside. To me, that looks too rice-ish. Has anyone ever seen one for the 94-98 that has the clear look, but is colored amber? I have not been able to see that in any catalog, website, etc.

Here's my clear corner lights installed, it matches the new Cobra lights pretty well. I have managed to convince myself that they don't look to ricey or honda-ish.
It finally stopped raining long enough for me to get the old girl washed up pretty good, and man.... DOZENS of little white rock chips, and a few big ones too. Looks like I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and have the front end touched up before car show season this year.
Anyway, I just wanted to post this to try to make myself feel better.. a certain team from Seattle CHOKED today. :OT: :shrug: They shall remain nameless; let's just call them, say, the Seattle LOSERhawks!!!!!!! Freekin waited 30 years for this?!? :mad: :mad:

Attachments

• Corner1.JPG
    Corner1.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 73