Roush new track times 03 s/c and problems again

03s281sc

Mar 31, 2005
maryland
My car has had a series of problems with shredding the belt. Yesterday i was driving home from work and it shredded so last night i put a brand new belt on, went to the track and ran a [email protected] was only able to get one run in b/c it was really crowded and they shut the track down half the night but i was still happy with my time. On my way home i picked up a nail in my front tire and it started goin flat so i went to pull over and missed a turn so i stomped it to spin my car around and my belt came off again but without shredding... anyone have any ideas why my car wont keep a belt? Its been in for service 3 times already, ford said they checked pulley alignment and already replaced the s/c pulley twice....

• Sponsors (?)

It's either the pulleys are out of alignment, an incorrect belt length, or the lip on the blower pulley just isn't tall enough.

Try a shorter belt. Maybe go with something about 1/2 inch shorter. It's alright to be a little tight :)

Awsome times thats a nice 11 second car my car went 11.9 at 114.8 on et streets with stock cat back exhaust and stock manifolds. just a 90mm mass air 75mm tb and 42's and my custom tune. Its nice to see that you picked the right parts got a tune and learned to drive to show what these cars can do. I went 11.9 because most people said with these blowers you cant. I will be off to the track soon with some vht on my belt wishing on a 11.7 this year. [email protected] sct dealer in ne pa

00-Saleen said:
Damn 12.3 @114 No way. What is all your mods?

This is what i have...Im not one of those people who lie and not tell everything i have done, i have no reason to

Mac CAI
Bassani o/r x, with stock manifolds and stock magnaflow catback
Accufab 75mm T/B

stock s/c, stock pulley, stock 30lb injectors, stock saleen tune, 3.27's....

...and i did run the 12.3 with drag radials on weld prostars only on the back

1.8 60' powershifting everygear, 1-4

03s281sc said:
This is what i have...Im not one of those people who lie and not tell everything i have done, i have no reason to

Mac CAI
Bassani o/r x, with stock manifolds and stock magnaflow catback
Accufab 75mm T/B

stock s/c, stock pulley, stock 30lb injectors, stock saleen tune, 3.27's....

...and i did run the 12.3 with drag radials on weld prostars only on the back

1.8 60' powershifting everygear, 1-4

I appreiciate your Honesty a ton. It makes mine, and everyone else life easier, and makes us all feel confident about the potential in our cars, instead of selling them for Cobras or Vettes, or Whatever else. 12.3 At 114 is FAST. 03/04 Pullied cobra Material. You are a damn good driver ill give u that. What rpm did u launcg at, and what were u shifting at? And please post a pic of your engine bay, and those et Streets :)

00-Saleen said:
I appreiciate your Honesty a ton. It makes mine, and everyone else life easier, and makes us all feel confident about the potential in our cars, instead of selling them for Cobras or Vettes, or Whatever else. 12.3 At 114 is FAST. 03/04 Pullied cobra Material. You are a damn good driver ill give u that. What rpm did u launcg at, and what were u shifting at? And please post a pic of your engine bay, and those et Streets :)

as for the launch...i launch at 4500 and have the potential for a better 60' but with stock axles 1.8s are good enough for me, plus the 3.27s hold it back compared to 3.73s or a taller gear that would obviously accelerate the car harder through 1st off the line

also, i have bfg drag radials that hook awesome for me, not et streets, et streets are mickey thompson right?

shifting
1-2 about 5900 to 6000, kinda hard to shift at exactly the same point every run w/out a shift light but these r the numbers im close to when driving, shifting, and looking at the tac at the same time...u get the idea

2-3 5800

3-4 5800

I found i dont need to take the motor up to right before the rev limiter everyshift b/c its already at full boost and torque and also it gives me about a 100-200 rpm window when im powershifting so i dont hit the rev limiter or at least it dont make that missing noise the limiter makes, making me feel better about not trying to blow up my motor with a missed shift. Furthermore, my previous times showed better when i didnt shift at 60?? everygear, instead they were better shifting the way i already stated.