New Track Times

• Sponsors (?)

Your clutch must be slipping or you are spinning through the traps, or something.

You should be WAYYYY faster than that.

But I believe you said something earlier about expecting more power when you first sprayed, so you may have a god-awful AFR, who knows, but something is amiss.

SWYZ721 said:
Your clutch must be slipping or you are spinning through the traps, or something.

But I believe you said something earlier about expecting more power when you first sprayed, so you may have a god-awful AFR, who knows, but something is amiss.
it was just the first couple sprays after that it got better, but i think it was my head cuz i was expecting something like my sight getting a blurry :lol: jk

SWYZ721 said:

how do you know if the clutch is slipping?

I can't speak from experience, but from hearing others experience.

The car revs like normal, but the power isn't there.

Now in your situation it would be basically undetectable as for you to feel as though "the power isn't there" would be unlikely as A. You are still getting a NET power gain B. You can't feel "the power isn't there" as you have NEVER felt the power in the first place.

It's sort of like looking for a dog but you don't know what the dogs looks like. How the hell do you know when you've found it?!?!?!

I would definately look into the clutch.

How many miles are on your clutch?

Yea, with 140K I would start thinking about a clutch refreshening.

Also your sig says DRY shot, I thought a 75-100 was a no-no on a DRY shot, intensified with 140K (for all you know) MAF, not to mention I don't think the injectors or fuel pump could keep up with that through a dry shot.

Actually could you please explain how the computer is instructed to add the compensating fuel? Is it strictly through the MAF, or is their something else?

on my stock longblock with 3.73's, pullies, 14*, K&N, and msd digital6+I went 14.3 at like 98mph.

with that stock longblock and same mods a 125 shot with 5* taken out I ran 13.1 at 107 with a 1.9 (spinning badly) 60ft on 90$ea. street tires.

something is wrong man.

Without spraying I got 14.00.that's better than you blacksn. You still think something is wrong? thats sounds rude, but im not being rude. its just a thought.

off the nitrous its 14.00, which is my best. on Nitrous(which i only ran twice on the track) i got a 14.082 at 101.??
now i ran the 14.00 with the waffles. now with these rims on i usually get a 14.50-14.60
when i sprayed i was using the 17's. now my guess-e-meter calculater tells me i should be at 13.40-13.50 if i went back to the waffles.which i sold

im going again tomorrow to the track to retry, and on May 6th im going to take my baby to the dyno. eveyones all scaring me, that my car was ****ed up and **** lol. i should of made it clear before. , but im getting a clutch soon though. does the Nitro really need to be tuned?

Actually it's very different, DRY adds fuel through the injectors, WET adds fuel through a supplied soleniod completely independent of the EEC.

A bigger pump is typically recommended.

It is possible that your injectors cannot keep up if you are spraying dry.