new/used LCAs and UCAs problem

fast97gt

Jan 2, 2007
north carolina
well, i thought i scored REAL big, but yea right to good to be true. i bought a set pr rear control arms from a friend he got in a trade deal. $60 is what i gave him, they looked to be bbk, or better. spent 2 1/2 hrs puttin them on, test drove and man what a differrence, then it happened, 3miles into the drive i noticed taking off the car "twisted" violantly. i took it home imediatly, upon investigation i noticed that every bushing in them had crumbled like dry dirt clobs in the summer. so now i spent $60 on scrap metal. my current stock arms have energy suspension urethane bushings. anyone seen this happen, the arms hve zerk fittings in them for greasing purposes but had plenty in the bushings. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

See if you can find who built them and order new bushings. It also seems alot of the aftermarket ones use a few sizes of bushings, measure the opening in the control arms and see if you can find a supplier.
Might also check some of those lowrider/airbag/4x4 sites they use alot of those bushings in their suspensions.