Nitrous ash tray kit for switches....where to buy

• Sponsors (?)

I made my own out of a 1/4in plexiglass...I made a slight bevel(sp?) around the edge, that I still need to clean up BTW, and painted the underside black. The retainers that hold the ashtray in place actually hold it in place very snug.

Excuse the mess, the car was sitting for like 9-10mo when the pic was taken.
642232_41_full.jpg

cost me nothing as the plexiglass was just laying around as was the paint. I used a dremal to cut the holes.

Thanks fellas for the replies. Much obliged.

Hey Blksn95. If not a problem I may be needing some advice and tips from you on the nitrous and Tweecer. I just purchased the NX single nozzle kit and will be installing soon after I get my lower intake ported (TMoss). By the way that looks like the Tweecer switch in your ash tray. How did you get it to stay? I planned to install mine below the radio in the extra hole. But you've given me another alternative.

Thanks fellas for the replies. Much obliged.

Hey Blksn95. If not a problem I may be needing some advice and tips from you on the nitrous and Tweecer. I just purchased the NX single nozzle kit and will be installing soon after I get my lower intake ported (TMoss). By the way that looks like the Tweecer switch in your ash tray. How did you get it to stay? I planned to install mine below the radio in the extra hole. But you've given me another alternative.

No problem I will be glad to help as much as I can.

Yes the tweecer switch/knob is in there. If you look at the two switches (line lock and bottle warmer) they are "boxing" in the tweecer knob/switch. The 2 switches clip into the holes I cut and I used a left over piece of those cutouts (holes for the switches) to keep it parallel and even between the switches and tweecer knob. I then used some duct tape (cut thin not all 2+in wide) to tape the tweecer knob to the 2 switches. I left room at the top of the pannel as I want to get a purge and will need a switch location for it.

I plan on cutting out the cig. lighter and putting in one of the small n2o guages there as well.

Mechanical or electrical gauge. I am thinking of doing the electrical gauge but really want to install the mechanical one in the A-pillar - just don't think the braided line will fit though.

Thanks

The little 1x/x cheapo-ish mech. guages...like the ones that get mounted to the bottles. I am fairly sure I can get the brad. line to fit down there with ease. I have tossed around the idea as of late of mounting a 2 5/8 mech. guage on the cowl were I have my 2 5/8 mech pro-comp liquid filled fuel pres. guage. Just dont want it to look too busy. The single guage looks nice and doesnt stand out too much on a black car.

I think I saw a pic of clarks tweecer plate in his new ster. whl. thread. It is NICE, I was thinking about that but I have a sony dig. EQ there.

I've seen some alum (prefabbled) panels not fit great - the top switch interferes with the console.

I did a real quick one from plexiglass too.

Mine is along the lines what some of the other guys did.

92533.jpg

I love Tom's sub-radio switch plate, so I can imagine his ashtray switch panel is sweet.

yeah i don't think i ever seen Tom's panel...

I got mine from AFM. even though i'm only using one switch right now it still looks good. makes you kinda feel like james bond. :D

Tom customized his plate with my name after the function of the dial (Retard). :D

Looks good Tom. I like how you did the sweeping top portion across the start button. :nice: