Nitrous express NXL kit

2000 4.6

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2001
Northern VA
Is the Nitrous Express NXL kit any good? Here is a link...
http://www.nitrousexpress.com/welcome.htm

Nitrous Express introduces the NXL nozzle with Integrated Rail Technology. This plug-and-play, direct-port nozzle system is availabe for all four and eight cylinder applications. There is no drilling required, no engine disassembly and no solenoids to mount. The entire nitrous system is self-contained in the high-flow fuel rail.

Would this be a safe kit? I am thinking about getting nitrous but want to be a safe as possible. What accesories would make nitrous safer...bottle warmer, purge valve, fuel regulator switch, etc?

• Sponsors (?)

NX makes great kits for our cars, I didn't know the Nozzle was available for the 4.6 yet. All N2o kits are safe depending how you use. run the right spark plugs, high octane gas, install correctly, run a reasonable shot for you car, I think any kit should be used with a fuel pressure saftey switch and rpm window switch. Bottle heater is not a must, but is for me. purge, remote opener optional. I'm sure the Nozzle is fine coming from NX, but it hasn't been tested in our world. ;)

forpit2000gt said:
NX makes great kits for our cars, I didn't know the Nozzle was available for the 4.6 yet. All N2o kits are safe depending how you use. run the right spark plugs, high octane gas, install correctly, run a reasonable shot for you car, I think any kit should be used with a fuel pressure saftey switch and rpm window switch. Bottle heater is not a must, but is for me. purge, remote opener optional. I'm sure the Nozzle is fine coming from NX, but it hasn't been tested in our world. ;)

In my experiences, I was the track, it was cold.. perfect weather for racing.. I ran a 12.80 and was expecting more from the Nitrous... I looked at my bottle presure and noticed it was around 700-800 psi.. after borrowing a buddy's warmer I got it up to 1050 psi.. and low and below....

12.59... moral of the story, get a warmer, your presure has to be around 1000 psi's to make the kit work right, if not it will be rich.. and not give you the results your kit has.. also when I dyno'd it later that week I got 25 more hp and 38 more lbs of torque..

If you use the NX EFI kit 100 is very safe long as you have the proper safety devices in place, Fuel Pressure Cut-Off and Window Switch. This kit also needs NO tune. IF I was still running it, there would be no doubt that I could run 11.60's on slicks. At the time I ran a 12.05 on spray, I was running 13.17 on motor.