Nitrous Parts Compatability question

SamMan

Aug 20, 2005
Denton, TX
Are most parts, primarily NOS/NX, interchangeable? Specifically I am wondering if an NX bottle opener will work with NOS bottles. Also have similar questions with purge valves and such.

• Sponsors (?)

It depends on the valve the bottle has on it. I believe that NOS and NX have switched to a new style valve that is at a 30* angle, as opposed to the old style with a 90* angle (they have actual names, I forget them now).

From what I remember reading any bottle that has the standard 90* valve on it will work with the NX bottle opener.

The NOS (solenoid style) will work with any bottle as it doesn't actually open and close the valve.

Also, I love my NX opener.

Edit: read too fast. Yes all the purges from brands will work together as they use the same sized AN fittings (can't remember which size either right now, term paper all night)

This is what my bottle looks like. So would an NX opener work or do I need to go with the NOS brand. I kind of like the other ones better. From what I can tell they open the bottle at the bottles valve verses the bottles valve being open all the time and the opener being an inline valve. Hope that makes sense.

16160nos.jpg

It does not look like yours will work with the NX model (I think it's called a Sherwood valve).

Zex also sells one, but I'd imagine it wouldn't work either. That leaves your only option being the NOS one that is just a purge solenoid, so the bottle is actually open (which is illegal on the street in Texas per my understanding)

I could be wrong though, call up NX. They're Texas guys and have been helpful when I called.

Goodluck with it man.