Electrical No Electrical Power.

2011rustang5o

Jan 5, 2011
In my 93 lx I swapped out door lock actuators and after that I went to start the car and it was a no-go. Acted like a dead battery but only one click and the interior lights went out. A few mins later the lights came back on and I tried to start the car again with the same results. Car ran perfectly fine before the door lock actuator fix.

I went to the solenoid and on the batter side I had 12v and 8 on the opposite side. Even had 12v on the body... started pulling wires off until the body no longer had positive power to it. There is a yellow wire on the main positive side that once disconnected relieves the 12v from the body. I unhooked each lock actuator and still nothing.

Wtf is wrong with this :leghump:ing car? Battery is good and ground is good btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sponsors (?)

False alarm!! Freak coincidence that the negative battery cable was corroded at the terminal. Replaced with new equipment and it's all good now. The 12v on body was feedback from the lack of ground. Iv seen this before but it was due to a bad diode. That's why I posted. Check your grounds ladies and gents. Time for another cold one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk