No sound...factory amp?

whitegtxtreme

Nov 13, 2003
Alright here's my problem. My aftermarket head unit comes on and lights up but no sound comes out. No sound comes from my subs or my other speakers. I checked previous posts on here but am still confused anybody have a clue? I am thinking factory amp but how would i check (in detail) to see if that's it? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

whitegtxtreme said:
Alright here's my problem. My aftermarket head unit comes on and lights up but no sound comes out. No sound comes from my subs or my other speakers. I checked previous posts on here but am still confused anybody have a clue? I am thinking factory amp but how would i check (in detail) to see if that's it? Thanks.

are your speakers popping at all? thats what mine are doing they pop then no sound

That POS factory amp isn't worth it's weight in scrap. Diagnostic is pretty simple ... Run a wire directly from the headunit to a speaker. (just have it run across the floor) If that works (and I'll bet it will) then remove the factory amp and re-run all of your speaker wire with something decent.

wiski said:
That POS factory amp isn't worth it's weight in scrap. Diagnostic is pretty simple ... Run a wire directly from the headunit to a speaker. (just have it run across the floor) If that works (and I'll bet it will) then remove the factory amp and re-run all of your speaker wire with something decent.
o.k that sounds logical. But that won't help my subs. There is no sound coming from them either! I'm at a loss.

whitegtxtreme said:
o.k that sounds logical. But that won't help my subs. There is no sound coming from them either! I'm at a loss.
UPDATE: I had the remote wire into the factory wire for the remote and switched it to the remote wire on the HU. Now only my subs work. Does this help diagnose the problem? If it is the factory amp where can I buy a bypass harness?

The factory amp needs a remote wire going to it, too. Try splicing the main remote wire into the two remote leads, the one for the factory amp, and the other for the amp that goes to the subs. The reason only the subs work is because that amp is the only one that's getting power on the remote wire. Try that and it should work.

For the bypass kit, you could just hardwire it, or get the kit at best buy or CC. I can't remember exactly, but I think it's one of these two: http://www.scosche.com/scosche/connectors/FD15.asp
http://www.scosche.com/scosche/connectors/FD07.asp