Not "new", But Renew...

rel3rd

Founding Member
Nov 1, 2002
Baltimore, MARYLAND
Was poking around yesterday looking for some info on the old PMS systems, and stumbled upon this site. Tried my old log on, and it worked. Had been since 2006 since I have been logged on...lol.

Have had some decent cars, some in the magazines, some winners on the dragstrip. Probably an easy dozen Fox bodies in, and now my son, who was always the "watcher" as a toddler, is on about his 4th or 5th Mustang...

Latest is a 93 LX hatch that he bought from some hack in Jersey, who had supposedly bought it from some other hack in New York. Neither previous owner had/has an effing clue WTF they are doing under the hood of a car, that is a FACT. The wiring looks like a spaghetti maker did it. The plumbing (fuel, supercharger, etc.) looks like a guy who got fired from Roto Rooter did it, and the place in PA that tuned it, well....they also were subpar at best...It HAD a POS SCT chip, with SCT Big Mouth maf meter, and 60# injectors...connected to a California emissions ECU...I found out several years ago, that you do what you know works...

What I know, is Vortech, Pro-M, Holley Injectors, and Anderson PMS for engine management...and finally found the missing links to get his car running like it should. Heck, my base PMS tune feels like it makes 100+HP more than the "dynotuned" chip tune, that someone prior to us, got from Performance Specialties in PA.

Rest of the car is coming along, although still old school, for sure.
Vortech T trim, 331 engine
Snow methanol injection
some sort of BOX upper intake, GT40 lower
AFR heads
Erson custom roller cam
Stud girdle
Equal length shorty headers
MAC Pro Dumps
It "had" a Powerglide and 488 gears, LOL...which I guess is OK if you want to race your neighbor down the driveway....
It now has a C4, 4000 stall, and 355 gears
RaceStars, 17x4.5 fronts, and 15x10 rears with 275Pro drag radials

Anyway, still haven't dug around the place yet, but good to see the Stangnet name still alive....I'll be depending on you guys to freshen up some memories for me, I've since went back to my "roots", and went back to older musclecars...Mine and his are attached below.

Attachments

• JAY3.jpg
    JAY3.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 117
  • cecil2.jpg
    cecil2.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 136
Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Welcome back to Stangnet.

I'll move your thread to the '79-'95 General Talk subforum.

Lots of older guys still left here. They'll be glad to see you.

Look forward to the progress on your son's car.

Reactions: 1 user
Welcome to Stangnet. One beautiful Mustang you have there.

Not mine, but thanks. He loves it because it reminds him of the one I had when he was just a toddler...Pic below. (BarneyCar)

Welcome back to Stangnet.

I'll move your thread to the '79-'95 General Talk subforum.

Lots of older guys still left here. They'll be glad to see you.

Look forward to the progress on your son's car.

Thanks, but who are you calling old??? LOL.

;) You're right...sadly.

Here's a couple of my old rides...

Attachments

• barney1.jpg
    barney1.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 111
  • barney4.jpg
    barney4.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 120
  • barney6.jpg
    barney6.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 127
  • barney8.jpg
    barney8.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 121
Not mine, but thanks. He loves it because it reminds him of the one I had when he was just a toddler...Pic below. (BarneyCar)

Thanks, but who are you calling old??? LOL.

;) You're right...sadly.

Here's a couple of my old rides...
Just to be sure, not old age wise. I'm quite a bit older than some of the "old" guys. Still younger than some though:D.

You've had a fun list of mustangs it looks like.

Stick around, you're bound to be able to offer help too.

I like your son's project. My oldest seems to be sadly attached to Camaros. The youngest boy however.....he'll be a fox nut probably for the rest of his life.

Just to be sure, not old age wise. I'm quite a bit older than some of the "old" guys. Still younger than some though:D.

You've had a fun list of mustangs it looks like.

Stick around, you're bound to be able to offer help too.

I like your son's project. My oldest seems to be sadly attached to Camaros. The youngest boy however.....he'll be a fox nut probably for the rest of his life.

I just turned 54...don't really "feel" old...unless I try to move fast or something, LOL.

I've had quite a few Mustangs. Mostly Fox bodies. Some with nitrous, some with superchargers, some POS's, lol. My son, who's 25 now, always liked the LX hatches, I'm guessing because of the purple one. That was easily my favorite as well. Ran 10.22@133 with a basement built 306, YS trim, and an AOD. If I could have one back...that'd be it.

We're waiting on a new AEM wideband for his, so I can get the AFR in check using the PMS. I'm just glad it's finally running good for him. He was getting very disgusted with it...I kept telling him to get rid of all the SCT crap, and he finally listened, and now the car has a way for me to actually tune it, and not depend on whomever to do a dynotune, chip burning for more than we got the PMS, 50# injectors, and Pro-M meter for...

He got all the new stuff from an old friend of mine, who REALLY hooked him up with the cost of all that stuff. I guess it pays to help others, because sooner or later it comes back around...

By the way, I'm still INTO CARS, but have went back to what I started with, MANY years ago...
Right now, have a 71 Chevelle SS. I built a Holley Sniper fuel injected 439ci big block for it, Turbo 400, and 3.90 rear. It weighs a ton...well, actually over TWO tons, HaHa, at 4200# race weight, but runs low 11's and still has AC. I guess technically, I have 2 projects, but prefer to be more of a "project manager" for the Mustang. ;)
cecil2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
HAHA you are one of the guys who has probably forgotten more about these damn cars than most of us will ever know.
I just been "lurking"....since 2006, that's all...lol

Founding member son....haha.
And I have 18 trophy points...whatever that means???

rel3rd
Founding Member
from Baltimore, MARYLAND
Profile Page
Nov 1, 2002

good to see you raggedy old ass back here Bob. We need more of us old fogies. lol I'm glad to see your son has caught the bug as well,,, Great to have those father and son projects. Damn I remember when you first started messing around with the purple car. Everyone trying to get into the 11's back then to be the fastest guy around.

Its a shame what happened over at the Corral.. Once Chris sold it off it went downhill. Not many of the old guys from the 90's still posting.

Remember my old POS? hehe

1077850001_large.jpg

good to see you raggedy old ass back here Bob. We need more of us old fogies. lol I'm glad to see your son has caught the bug as well,,, Great to have those father and son projects. Damn I remember when you first started messing around with the purple car. Everyone trying to get into the 11's back then to be the fastest guy around.

Its a shame what happened over at the Corral.. Once Chris sold it off it went downhill. Not many of the old guys from the 90's still posting.

Remember my old POS? hehe

1077850001_large.jpg

Yeah, I remember you, Vanilla Ice. LOL...j/k.
No idea what you mean about the Corral. I guess it's been turned into yet another big name advertiser instead of an actual useful forum?

Welcome back! I just started posting back here recently also, just been lurking for years. Looks like you have me beat my a month, been registered since Dec 2002.