Not your typical performance question

stangerdrew0716

Nov 20, 2003
Ok guyz, I'm fairly new around here, about 7 posts old I think. But heres the question. For those who don't know, I have a 95, standard shift, v6 non-vert mustang. If it changes anything, it's black but...here goes... I know that the V6 mustang is not the best platform to start on as a peformance project, although some people have made some pretty nice numbers. What I am looking for in performance is comparable to the Acura RSX Type-S. A friend of mine has one, with intake and exhaust, and I'd like to have comparable performance. I drove his this past weekend, and I was very impressed. Bear in mind i've never driven a v8 anything. Ok, so I'm sure your going to say standard i/h/e...but what else do i need (with forced induction being a last resort) to run with him. I'm not necisserly looking to blow his doors off, as nice as that would be, i just want him to think twice next time he wants to rag on me for the fact that his 2.0 beats my 3.8. Thanks guyz, you haven't let me down before, so I'm sure this time will be no exception!!

• Sponsors (?)

Split Port Swap, 207 Cam, normal bolt-ons (pulley, I, E, gears) and you will own him. Want to make him cry... add heads and P&P work and prepare to run mid-13's.

Side Effects: You will have to endure the obligatory "Yeah, but you have almost TWICE my displacement" excuse.