notch update

88mouse

Apr 18, 2007
Mooresville nc
Well I got everthing from my gt swaped over to the notch the other day. Then yesterday I line the fenders up and was driving around in it. :) I stoped by a buddies house and picked him up. I was taking the car home to park it for the night. I got on it after leavin his house and i started hearing a rod knock, then it got worst. So I just said the hell with it and gave it hell. Well we didn't make if very far down the road after that. So to day i pulled the motor back out and pulled the pan to see what all broke. The number two rod broke and the cap got stuck in between the cam and block so that caused the cam to stop turning and broke the cam bolt off. Then what was left of the rod just spun around and broke the block. It end up bending 8 valves and 8 push rods. Well know i guess i will be going to the 351 like i was going to do. The motor had over 200,000 miles and i run it hard all the time, so I knew this day was coming.:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

HAHA...nice! Well i cant say i agree with your decision to "give it hell" after hearing rod knock. But it sounds like you did some real good damage! Nice work...Pics?!