O2 sensors + Diablo Predator tune + dyno = ?

csledd

Official Ovary Punching Member
Founding Member
Aug 18, 2001
Paducah, KY
So here's my situation..

I have SLP LTs, SLP O/R X-pipe, and the Steeda cat-back.. I WANT A TUNE!! :D Everybody is telling me to have the o2 sensors tuned off. What I'm trying to figure out is that when you get this tune does it just make the o2 sensors stop reading? Or does it adjust what the computer thinks the readout should be so it stops throwing a code? And if I got o2 simulators do they just tell the computer what it should be (the same reading as stock)?

Also I'm getting on this tuning done on a dyno by a diablo predator next month, what should I do when I go? Run preminum gas? anything else? Thanks :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

christiesledd said:
So here's my situation..

I have SLP LTs, SLP O/R X-pipe, and the Steeda cat-back.. I WANT A TUNE!! :D Everybody is telling me to have the o2 sensors tuned off. What I'm trying to figure out is that when you get this tune does it just make the o2 sensors stop reading? Or does it adjust what the computer thinks the readout should be so it stops throwing a code? And if I got o2 simulators do they just tell the computer what it should be (the same reading as stock)?

Also I'm getting on this tuning done on a dyno by a diablo predator next month, what should I do when I go? Run preminum gas? anything else? Thanks :nice:

The Diablo Predator will turn off the rear O2 sensors. O2 simulators create an imitation of what the stock reading might be with cats. Either way will stop the SES light from coming on due to rear O2 sensors when using an O/R midpipe. Run premuim gas when getting a Predator tune.