Oil Is Leaking... Behind Lower Intake? Help!!!

SiK91LX

Apr 23, 2003
SF, CA
Wassup guys, recently i got an edelbrock performer intake so i just did the swap like 3 days ago and took it for a spin.... Nothing was wrong.....

Today i drove the car again and noticed blue smoke coming out of the cowl.. Roughly when i really punch it hard.. I get a thick blue cloud of smoke...

So i opened my hood and noticed little oil on the floor where the transmission is.. I dont see oil @ all infront of the engine...

I have a weird feeling its leaking from the lower intake manifold on the backside... If i take it back out, will i have to use new gaskets for the lower intake manifold? I dont think so since its still new only a few days old..

So what do you guys think? I cant figure out where the leak is coming from but it is touching the exhuast somewhere for the blue smoke to appear..

Thanks!!

• Sponsors (?)

Did you use the gaskets for the front and rear, or just use RTV?? If you use the gaskets it maybe like mentioned above, but if you used just RTV then you ran the bead wrong. Mainly around the little dime sized plug at the back of the block. Run a bead sround the front and back of the plug when going from head to head...

Just figured out that the leak isnt from the rear intake.. Its from the drivers side somewhere.. I can see smoke coming out from driver side headers where the motor mounts connect......... WTF can leak from around that area?? The oil is making its way all the way back behind the engine and dops off from the transmission....

Thanks