Old Cruise Control Info??

cobraii351

Founding Member
Jan 10, 2000
Altoona, PA
Does anyone have any info on the mid 70's ford cruise control systems? I am trying to wire one in. I have all the stuff. I just need to know what some wires are so that I can connect them to the right location. I have the 75-76 manual set but that just shows the diagram, it doesn't label the wires going into the control unit.

Thanks,

Tim

• Sponsors (?)

What is the brand of the cruise control unit?? When i got mine about 2 years back it had a cruise control unit on it. Im not sure if its a aftermarket or not. The car only had 18000 orignal miles. So im guessing it came on the car. I still have it wired up so if they are the same brand i can try to help.
Pat

Ford. I pulled a cruise unit from a 70's Bronco. I also have a unit from a 79 van. The buttons were different on the two units. I have the diagrams for the old ford 4 button system. So I got the 4 button uniot form the older Bronco. I just need to know what a couple of the wires are coming out of the control box. The speed sensor and vac. servo are plug-in's the coupe of other wires are giving me grief. :rolleyes:

Tim