Old vid of my II

Dano78

Founding Member
Nov 1, 1999
Vancouver, WA
Finally got this vid up to share with you all. Thanks goes to Mad Mark for helping me out with it. It was shot in '99 on a VHS-C camcorder and when i converted it to a format that the computer could use, the picture quality took a major dive. The sound, however, is pretty good. The camera work isn't so hot, but hey- wuddya do?

http://dano.stang2.com/MustangII_Lower_River_Road_99_Edited.mpg
may take a bit to download to view since it is a big video, so be patient!

I had a stock '74 .030 302 8.7:1 C/R with an RPM cam and stealth intake, 780 Cfm carb, ported and big valved 289 heads, headers, 2.5 Dynomax muffed exh. That engine is long gone now. Also got a 3.50:1 spooled 8" rear and SSM bars. (you will notice the ass-end lifting up on takeoffs) and a 2200 stall C4 trans w/shift kit.

That other 'pile' belongs to a friend of mine, Mark. It's a '79 Malibu Classic. He's got a 355ci SBC with some crazy stump-pulling mid-range cam, Edelbrock intake and holley 750 carb, headers, 2.5" exhaust with 18 inch glasspacks dumping in front of the rear wheels. He's running an Olds G-body rear with 3.55:1 posi. TH350 trans.

Pretty close races. I'd always get him out of the hole but he was catchin me tward the end of the track. We painted out a 1/4 mile stretch on old Lower River road on the back side of Vancouver Lake.

• Sponsors (?)