Progress Thread "Grover" Progress Thread - Interview @ Foxtoberfest '23

Guys, it's unbelievable! I'm in love! :) 71,430 miles. The last owner had the car for over 20 years. It's a 93 GT with a manual trans, 5-lug swap, almost the whole list of MM suspension stuff.

There are no "for sale" pics to show, and I really haven't broken out the camera and taken a lot of pics, but I'll post 'em up as I do. As I was saying earlier in the thread though, I was definitely looking for a car with some good suspension stuff like this:

IMG-20180114-WA0002.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

My other car, Sloth, needs paint, interior, tweaking and some overall TLC. I would be a bit embarrassed to drive it to gatherings with a lot of nice cars. Not so with this one. It's not perfect, but it is one of the best I've seen.

So, my plan is to to get it detailed and enjoy the hell out of it. I'll drive it on sunny days, go to car events, and I might even take it out for a track day here and there. That said, I am not going to rag on this one. The seller had the foresight not to go too stiff with the springs, and it makes the ride very smooth. Handles the bumpy roads around here super nicely. It's smooth with no abnormal vibrations, rattles, etc. 3.73 gears make for great highway gears with the .5:1 6th transmission gear, and milling around town is still nice because the overall ratio in 1st is close to 11:1.

I took it out into Monterey today and had a nice lunch and got half a dozen compliments on it. You don't see many foxes that aren't run down these days. When you do, they really stand out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
So can we get a pic of the whole exterior?
Absolutely. I just haven't taken any yet, and it's already back under cover in my garage. That said, I did snap a shot while in a restaurant today, though.

I actually thought it was kinda funny because you can see what a wide berth I gave that SUV. The lady driving was oblivious to the car and was looking in her interior as she swung that door open, lol. I do not like parking next to other people, except in my Saturn daily driver due to the fiberglass body that doesn't dent and the fact that I got a daily to absorb the dings. I am not double-parked, btw. That's the last space on the block.
exterior 1st post.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
:rock::rock::rock::rock: Awesome looking car. It shows that the previous owner took there time picking which upgrades to add to the car and not. Most that I see nowadays have been totally stripped, and defiantly dont have a great paint job like that.

With the original miles you stated I assume original paint?

Yes. I'm pretty sure the paint is original. Here're the pics everyone is asking for:

I'll have to snap one or two of the interior, though. The interior is also very clean.

driversfront.jpg
passengerfront2.jpg
passengerside6.jpg
209FAD78-2F84-4825-BEEB-36E56CAC4573-4662-0000032281D760EA.jpg
engine1.jpg
Underside.jpg
935 dyno.JPG

Reactions: 1 users