Opinions? Bassani or Mac C/B w/ LT's and O/R H????

shotime

Founding Member
Mar 11, 2002
NorthEast PA
Alright I've been thinking about this for a week now and just can't make my mind up. It's between either of these two systems, the MAC system in SS or the Bassani in SS. I don't care about the price difference(~250 bucks), just want the best sounding. I'm coming off the SLP system(had all three stages(lm, lm2 , and powerflos), and didn't like any:nonono: . So since I prefer the "muscle" tone of the h pipe, I'm going back to the chambered style muffler that the h pipe works best with. I've heard the MAC is louder and more hollow than flows, but I see alot of people praise the Bassani system w/ it's "exotic" sound also, so I guess just gimme some opinions and some first hand experience...

BTW, BBK Lt's and or/ h on the car now.

• Sponsors (?)

Best sounding catback I had with my LT's and O/R H setup was my Magnaflow CB (Traditional). Sounded very DEEP and was loud at higher RPM's. At lower RPM's it sounded stock, as long as I wasn't getting on it - so you could listen to the radio, talk, etc.... with no problem. The catback was also top notch, all stainless steel and easy install, I was very happy with it.

I also had the Magnapacks before I switched to the traditional Magnaflow catback and that sounded like rice, in my opinion. After 3k RPM's it would go off like a machine gun inside a tin can. I got rid of it after two weeks and swapped to the Magnaflow.

Before that I had the Packs paired with LT's and an O/R Prochamber, that sounded very nice as well. Muscle car note was strong throughout.

Right now I have an O/R H and the MAC Catback. This setup is louder than the others and has the most muscle tone overall. But I no longer have LT's.

So out of all that, I would recommend the Magnaflow catback or the MAC. I would say you will be happy with either or, seeing as you are going for more of a muscle sound. Just depends on how loud and throaty you want it. They will not disappoint.