ordered cars - how long did it take to get them?

• Sponsors (?)

yup, thats me...find anything interesting that would give you an idea of approximate delivery time? A priority number maybe?

PS, I'm not tryin to hassle you Dyoct, so sorry about the never ending questions. I'm just tryin to get an idea of when my car will be ready; I want to do some traveling in my off-season and I'm trying to plan the delivery of my new baby around it. Thanks again for the help.

~John

bvor said:
Hey Dyoct, do you have the ability to see which dealers have a higher allocation? I have four dealers that all offered to order a car for me at invoice price so I don't know which to go with. They all say they have an allocation but haven't given me any specifics. Here are the dealers:

Meginnis Ford - Lincoln Nebraska
Atchley Ford - Omaha Nebraska
Lee Sapp Ford - Ashland Nebraska
Kastens Ford - Syracuse Nebraska

The last one is my local small town dealer. I'd prefer to order from him, but I'm guessing on of the others would give me a better chance of getting an order pulled a little quicker.

thanks!

Not speaking for Dyoct but I believe you'll probably have better luck with the larger dealer such as Ashley, Lithia or Meginnis. Sapp has had a single V6 on their lot for quite some time. I'm going with Woodhouse as they seem to be one of the large dealers also.

Techguy999 said:
Not speaking for Dyoct but I believe you'll probably have better luck with the larger dealer such as Ashley, Lithia or Meginnis. Sapp has had a single V6 on their lot for quite some time. I'm going with Woodhouse as they seem to be one of the large dealers also.

Yea, I'm sure I would have a better chance with one of the bigger dealers. I'd prefer to go with my local guy, but if he doesn't really have an allocation, I'd quickly go somewhere else :))

BTW, is Woodhouse giving you a good deal? They offered to order for me at $200 over invoice so I'd suggest at least getting that deal. Or, if you're looking to just buy off the lot, Megginis in Lincoln has two 06 GT's right now. I just bought an Explorer from them a month ago and they were really easy to work with. Hightly recomend them.

bvor said:
Yea, I'm sure I would have a better chance with one of the bigger dealers. I'd prefer to go with my local guy, but if he doesn't really have an allocation, I'd quickly go somewhere else :))

BTW, is Woodhouse giving you a good deal? They offered to order for me at $200 over invoice so I'd suggest at least getting that deal. Or, if you're looking to just buy off the lot, Megginis in Lincoln has two 06 GT's right now. I just bought an Explorer from them a month ago and they were really easy to work with. Hightly recomend them.

Yeah I think they are. Fully loaded Tungsten GT, sticker for high 31K (like 31,800) he sold it well under MSRP but probably higher than invoice. Not much off but my goal was not to do MSRP.

Ordered 10/31 from Woodhouse. Dealer wouldn't give me a DORA (guess they are paranoid) but pretty much said he would have a delivery date answer by end of month. I plan to check as soon as he gives me the VIN.

Atchley couldn't remember my name.
Lithia kept sticking me with newbie salemen.
Performance (formerly Markel) wanted to screw me.

I guess I could have talked to Sapp but figured them to be too small to have an allocation. They strike me as a truck dealer.

I live closer to Omaha so I didn't check the Lincoln NE dealers.

Let me know how it works out for ya.

Siggy, your order number is 6613 with a priority code of 10. Scheduling resumes next week for limited December and January production. You got the 18" wheels on it...very nice, hopefully they won't hold you up too long. Black on black on though...:Word:

Tech, you didn't get a DORA from Woodhouse?

I ordered mine from Allan Vigil Ford in Fayetteville, GA on October 1st and it came in on November 2nd. It was built on October 17th. I did NOT specify priority delivery either. The dealer was great by the way.

Dyoct said:
Siggy, your order number is 6613 with a priority code of 10. Scheduling resumes next week for limited December and January production. You got the 18" wheels on it...very nice, hopefully they won't hold you up too long. Black on black on though...:Word:

Tech, you didn't get a DORA from Woodhouse?

Priority of ten!? Thats the best, right? Outstanding :D . Dyoct, exactly how limited are we talking on those production runs? Enough to significantly slow the production of my vehicle? No, I didn't get the DORA from the dealer, I tried but the sales guy said that I couldn't get it until I got the VIN#. I don't think he knew what he was talkin about...:shrug:

Thanks for the compliments on the car, I think I did a pretty good job gettin 'er decked out :nice: .

Techguy999 said:
Ordered 10/31 from Woodhouse. Dealer wouldn't give me a DORA (guess they are paranoid) but pretty much said he would have a delivery date answer by end of month. I plan to check as soon as he gives me the VIN.

Fleming? Tungsten Grey Coupe with auto, Crimson Red interior, 18" fanblades?

I see what happened, they didn't put down the option for a DORA. I'm not a dealer, so I can't give you a DORA, but here's some info for you.
Order # 2047, priority code 12. The two in front of you are starting to get built, should be arriving at month's end. You may be a late December or January delivery.

T82 GT COUPE PREM $26320
T8 TUNGSTEN GREY
K LTHR TRIMD BKT
R CRIMSON RED
140A ORDER CODE
.REAR WINDOW DEF
.ANTI-LOCK BRKS
.TRACTION CONTRL
.PWR DRIVER SEAT
99H .4.6L 3V OHC V8 NC
44L 5-SPD AUTO TRNS 995
T8G 235/50ZR18 NC
JOB #2 ORDER
68R INT COLOR ACCNT 175
.RED FLOORMATS
18G INT UPGRADE PKG $460
67L SATIN PANEL
13D SPOILER DELETE NC
14A ACTVE ANTI-THFT 295
.LIGHTED BEZEL
.60 AMP BATTERY
17L WHL LOCKING KIT 50
43A SEAT SIDE AIRBG 380
64E 18" PREM WHEEL $825
918 SHKR 1000 AUDIO 1295
PONY CENTER CAP
U.S. GAL GAS
FDAF ASSESSMENT
DEST AND DELIV 720
TOTAL BASE AND OPTIONS 31515
TOTAL 31515
*THIS IS NOT AN INVOICE*

Dyoct said:
I see what happened, they didn't put down the option for a DORA. I'm not a dealer, so I can't give you a DORA, but here's some info for you.
Order # 2047, priority code 12. The two in front of you are starting to get built, should be arriving at month's end. You may be a late December or January delivery.

T82 GT COUPE PREM $26320
T8 TUNGSTEN GREY
K LTHR TRIMD BKT
R CRIMSON RED
140A ORDER CODE
.REAR WINDOW DEF
.ANTI-LOCK BRKS
.TRACTION CONTRL
.PWR DRIVER SEAT
99H .4.6L 3V OHC V8 NC
44L 5-SPD AUTO TRNS 995
T8G 235/50ZR18 NC
JOB #2 ORDER
68R INT COLOR ACCNT 175
.RED FLOORMATS
18G INT UPGRADE PKG $460
67L SATIN PANEL
13D SPOILER DELETE NC
14A ACTVE ANTI-THFT 295
.LIGHTED BEZEL
.60 AMP BATTERY
17L WHL LOCKING KIT 50
43A SEAT SIDE AIRBG 380
64E 18" PREM WHEEL $825
918 SHKR 1000 AUDIO 1295
PONY CENTER CAP
U.S. GAL GAS
FDAF ASSESSMENT
DEST AND DELIV 720
TOTAL BASE AND OPTIONS 31515
TOTAL 31515
*THIS IS NOT AN INVOICE*

Wow. Thats for the quick response! I was hoping for late January or early Feb. Thanks for your help.

They also told me that I would be put on a high priority order, and that I would have my car in a month.. but obviously that wasn't true lol otherwise I would be driving it right now instead of borrowing a car since I sold my old mustang too early.

I ordered my 2012 gt on 8/12/11
Received VIN 9/1/11
Build week provided on 9/1/11 (9/26/11-9/30/11)
Window Sticker showed up 9/23/11
Build day provided on 9/23/11 (9/30/11)
Hopefully I'll receive before 10/15/11 if eveything goes as planned.

They also told me that I would be put on a high priority order, and that I would have my car in a month.. but obviously that wasn't true lol otherwise I would be driving it right now instead of borrowing a car since I sold my old mustang too early.

I ordered my 2012 gt on 8/12/11
Received VIN 9/1/11
Build week provided on 9/1/11 (9/26/11-9/30/11)
Window Sticker showed up 9/23/11
Build day provided on 9/23/11 (9/30/11)
Hopefully I'll receive before 10/15/11 if eveything goes as planned.

I ordered mine on 7/11 it was delivered to me on 9/8 Convertible Premium, 202A, Comfort, HID Lights, and something else I can't remember.